My Worst Nightmare came True

(3 posts)
  1. ZZZ

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2014 2:46:28
    #

Login to Send PM

So i moved to the U.S 2.5 years ago , i first lived for 6 months in a poor neighborhood , when i first entered the U.S i was educated about bed bugs and how to detect them and how important it is to let the leasing office know , when i saw pictures and explanations i was like god please i dont want to go through this , then i moved to a nice apartment , expensive and the fear of bed bugs started to fade , the mean time i was working with a non profit organization help new people coming to the U.S from the other side of the world adapt and adjust , now its me educating them about bed bugs and everytime i do it (twice a week) i am like my god this is a nightmare i dont even look at the pictures , any way , my husband got a job and we move to Charlotte NC , love the city , rented a nice apartment in a well known real estate name , we signed a six months lease and after 4 months we bought a home under constructing and getting ready and excited to move in 3 months , and guess what this is when my biggest fear happened , one day i was having guests next day so i was cleaning and getting some things done in the house around 11 p.m , went to the bathroom to brush and i noticed two red bites on the side of my face and two on my neck , note i did not sleep or rest on the bed but i was going to , and i was sitting on the dining chair most of the time , we had dinner out that evening , so any way i am like oh what is this looks different than a regular mosquito bite maybe its a small spider but what ever , went to bed and had a good sleep two days later my husband got bitten in his ankle and knee looks way better than mine but extremely itchy , again we were out that night it could be any bug bite , two days after that i was laying on the bed around 8 p.m with the light off and wearing a thick pant got bitten on my thigh , two bites tuned into a very big bump its like the worst reaction ive see , i forgot to mention all this time i suspected bed bugs and was reading on it , checked the beds several times but was not sure , but after my last bite i kind of had a strong feeling this is bed bugs , next day i decided to check the bed more carefully this time , though i had an appointment i didnt care if i will be late i want to catch the bed bag and i did , i checked the mattress very well nothing , pulled it aside , moved the box up and started check the edges and it was right there on top of a metal staple , when i saw it i panicked and i prayed when i see isnt what i think , jumped to the bathroom brought an cotton ear stick and a zip bag and with a shaking hand was able to put it in the bag , looked caefully definitly it is a bed bug , i was too scared to check the box but only because the bites started in less than a week and no signs of big indestation i decided to do it , ripped off the fabric cover and checked the box very carefully couldnt find anything not even a sign of eggs or fecel , i was releifed and hoped this was it , threw the box and frame away and kept the mattress , that night my husband got bitten one single bite i knew there are more and they must be hiding in the mattress , bought an encasement from bed bath and beyong for $90 which is specially for bed bugs , sprayed the mattress , steamed it , took it to the balcony for couple of hours then applied the protector , we slept that night which is yesteday with no bites , i informed the leasing office and they are sending the PCO soon , mean while i am using the DE in my sons bedroom i dont want it to get infested i also sprayed my whole room trying to do the laundry i just think its too much work with all the stress , any advice

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2014 2:55:30
    #

Login to Send PM

So, to summarize:

You found a bedbug on the bed.
    You have a sample for the landlord's professional
    Who is Coming Out Very Soon

I'm not an expert, but have read on this site
    That Some Experts will not treat if there is DE
    Or Any Self Performed Work.

Take a breath. You have an expert coming out.
    Follow the Instruction.
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. ZZZ

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2014 3:15:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I took the sample to the leasing office on Sat.
    they told me they wont be able to make it and come for an inspection till Wed. i was too scared to wait till then because i know they multiply like crazy , i had to do something to feel so peace of mind

did i mention i dont sleep until sun rise , im too scared to sleep

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

280,448 posts in 46,580 topics over 142 months by 20,545 of 21,411 members. Latest: PrismArc, unclejohn, WheelBugger