Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

My wife is not being bit?????

(6 posts)
  1. markemrc

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 11 2010 9:16:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it possible to have bed bugs and have someone in the bed not getting bit?

2. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 11 2010 9:27:28
    #

Login to Send PM

RTFB
    No offense meant.

3. markemrc

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 11 2010 10:15:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, I'll take that as a yes, not sure how it's possible, but thank you.

4. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 11 2010 12:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

This question is addressed in the FAQs rather extensively, but since you asked and either didn't read the FAQs or didn't see the answer there, I'll answer it here.

Here's the thing--as with any other allergy provoking response, not everyone reacts to bed bug bites.

As a result, two people can sleep in the same bed and have one react to the bites and the other not.

It's also possible, since bed bug bites can take up to 9 days between the time of being bitten and the time they show up to finally appear on someone, that one person in the bed is being bitten outside the home.

So, yes, there are several different explanations for why two people could sleep in the same bed and not "Get bitten." Option #1 is that they are both getting bitten but only one is reacting. Option #2 is that one is getting bitten by bed bugs somewhere other than in the home. Option #3 is that there's another pest at work but only one person reacts to that other pest.

5. markemrc

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 11 2010 15:06:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for taking your time to post, it is much appreciated! We are ging to hire someone, thanks again!

6. Jenn28

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 11 2010 15:22:18
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband doesn't get bitten anymore. I do, but rarely. I have been told that when 2 people sleep in a bed, the bugs will favor one person over the other for whatever reason. I heard that they are attracted to a person because of blood type and sometimes they will favor females because of estrogen. If they like you, they won't bother seeking out anyone else. I don't know how true this all is, but I seem to be the favored host at my place.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.