Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Introductions

My bedbug horror story...still ongoing....

(2 posts)
  1. avenae

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 23:14:42
    #

Login to Send PM

It all started in April, woke up one morning with a red welt on my leg. Never really thought much of it. Then it kept happening, so I thought I had fleas, treated my animals, checked the house for them. Never saw a single flea. Also no one else in my home was being affected. Then I thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction to a new soap I had bought so I stopped using that and nothing changed. Kept realizing I was waking up in the middle of the night scratching my body parts almost raw. The itch was so intense it felt like a million fire ants biting me all over. So I start researching, read up on bed bugs and searched my entire home....nothing. But I seem to be having a sever reaction to the bites.

Mind you I hadn't traveled, had any visitors, nothing that would have brought these nasty little creatures into my home.

Ever night I wake up, every morning new red welts all over me. One night I thought I'd wear long pants and sock and a long sleeve shirt, only to wake up with bites all over my neck and face! STILL could not find a single bug. It got to the point were I was crying myself to sleep at night and taking sleeping pills just to be able to sleep. Didn't want to start sleeping on the couch out of fear of them following me out.

One morning I wake up at 5am itching and crying and my husband flips on the light and I see 2 small brown things on the bed, try to pick them up and they just turn to blood on my fingertips. Then I see a small clear thing on my pillow and grab it up in a clear bag. I call the Orkin people the next day, they send someone out. I had to pull everything out from the walls, bag every ounce of clothing I had, clear out every dresser, take off all the plates to get ready. He shows and I show him the bag and he says " oh that's just spider" WHAT?!?!?! I tell him he need to get a magnifying glass and double check cause that IS a bed bug. He inspect my bed and see nothing. Mind you I have been checking my mattress and pillows and all every other night. I flip up my bedding into a ball and that's when I find my first colony, on the corner of my comforter!

The Orkin guys say the spray treatment won't work and I need to tent my house which is 2 times the cost as the spraying, but is the best option.

I am at the point where I am sleeping on my couch and have for the last 2 nights cause I am getting so physically and mentally exhausted that I am having a hard time functioning.

It is nice cause the last 2 nights have been the first nights in 5 months I haven't waken up itchy many times a night.

I don't know if I will ever mentally be over this and my ordeal isn't even over yet. I pray that if I tent my home it will get rid of it. I actually rent and the landlord doesn't want to help me out at all and I truly believe I moved into this problem, my only other option is to rent a pod or truck and put everything I own in it and have that tented, them move again. I tell my husband this is killing me, but he doesn't get it cause it isn't affecting him the same. He isn't getting bit and if he is it doesn't affect him. I am at my cracking point and this is life and death for me. This is war and I want it over.

Any encouraging word would be appreciated...thanks!

2. fallacious_8686

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 26 2010 5:28:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I know how you are feeling I was getting bit all over I would wake up with like 20 - 40 bites all over my body mostly around my feet and ankles up to about my knee, but my bf didn't seem to be getting bit, so once i found out i had bedbugs i called the nurses line to ask what i should do cause i'm itchy everywhere, and why isn't my bf getting bit, and they told me that he could be getting bit but he doesn't react to the bites, which is fortunate for him cause i had to move to sleeping on my couch and he could comfortably sleep on the bed, but i was still getting bit on my couch which is weird cause it's leather and apparently bed bugs don't like leather cause they can not penetrate it. But I would check in the corner of your mattress if there is anything you can flip up check there you may find a bug....if you wash your bedding and laundry in hot hot water and dry it in the dryer for an hour on hot that will kill any bedbugs in your laundry and then the best thing is to bag it afterwards But bed bugs are attracted to pheromones and carbon dioxide, and if you rub yourself with a "Bounce sheet" apprently they dont like the smell of that and may stop biting you...the other thing is my friends who were also infested used Moth balls (mind you they were already sleeping on there couch but it was infested) they sprayed there whole house with a product they bought and then stuffed the couch with moth balls and they have only seen two bugs since then and they were positive that we had probably brought them from our apartment by accident...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989