Must Read/Know - Bed Bug Info For Everyone

(18 posts)
  1. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Mar 10 2017 20:36:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Repost so this thread doesn't get high jacked or off target again.

I've treated thousands of Bed Bug problems from massive to minute. From single family homes to sky high buildings with 25 or more apartments infested all at once in a single building.

~ Not once has any type of climb up monitor/trap caused failure with a successful outcome.

~ Not once has it caused another adjoining room or apartment to become infested.

~ Not once has it caused the current problem to last longer than typical. Meaning, all cases solved within 2 treatments. 99% of which are solved on the first visit alone.

I've done thousands of Bed Bug inspections in my 14-15 years dealing strictly with bed bugs.

~ Not once have I seen any type of change in behavior during inspection with said methods used above.

~ Not once have I seen any type of monitor or trap solve or eliminate a Bed Bug infestation.

Monitors by definition in pest control are for checking/monitoring for evidence of a problem. Not solving one. They are the eyes and ears when a PCO is not on sight for real time viewing.

AND YES - I HAVE BEEN TO MANY LOCATIONS THAT HAVE OR HAD BED BUGS (PLENTY OF THEM) AND HAVE FOUND ZERO BUGS INSIDE MONITORS. THAT'S BEFORE TREATMENT, DURING TREATMENT, OR AFTER TREATMENT. ITS NOT 100% ........ EVER!

Monitors are a tool - a visual aid if you will. They are not the end all be all ..... Lets stop the nonsence - its so far distorted on this site it makes real professionals WITHOUT MOTIVES sick.

2. FayeState

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Mar 10 2017 21:41:03
    #

Login to Send PM

KillerQueen,
    How does a person determine if they do or do not have bed bugs if they do not know if they react to bites and have not seen bugs, castings, fecal if, as you say, monitors can be empty even if a person has bed bugs? Further, if the PCO's say they don't do thorough inspections, like take the box spring dust cover off (which is what PCO's have told me), what should a person do? Not everyone lives in NY where they have a PCO like you around.

KillerQueen - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Repost so this thread doesn't get high jacked or off target again.

AND YES - I HAVE BEEN TO MANY LOCATIONS THAT HAVE OR HAD BED BUGS (PLENTY OF THEM) AND HAVE FOUND ZERO BUGS INSIDE MONITORS. THAT'S BEFORE TREATMENT, DURING TREATMENT, OR AFTER TREATMENT. ITS NOT 100% ........ EVER!

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Mar 12 2017 1:55:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Can't and will not entertain.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Mar 12 2017 11:43:06
    #

Login to Send PM

John,
    Please don't repost posts. I will leave it up this time.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 7:33:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Make it a sticky, Nobugs.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 22:22:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Sticky posts are not for treatment information.

I can create a FAQ on treatment via monitors that covers both perspectives on the issue but as with other topics, it would be balanced. Let me know if you're interested in that.

7. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 22:37:09
    #

Login to Send PM

NB's: I can create a FAQ on treatment via monitors that covers both perspectives on the issue but as with other topics, it would be balanced. Let me know if you're interested in that.
    ---------------
    If for example 99% of all professional recommend or state one thing and 1% state or recommend another, then I would hope a "balanced" perspective would either just state the opinion of the vast majority or make it clear that the minority opinion is just that, an outlier shared by very few professionals. If both sides are presented evenly then IMO it's really not balanced but misleading.

Richard

8. bedbugsbugme

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 22:43:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok serious question. What about people like me who live hours from tbe nearest city and cannot just get a PCO to come out and inspect easily? What do you suggest if passive monitors are not 100%? Again not looking to fight just really curious.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  9. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 22:50:18
    #

Login to Send PM

BBB,

John will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was simply pointing out the limitations of passive monitors, as opposed to being entirely against them. He was also putting forth what seems to be the opinion of the majority of professionals on interceptor type devices. So for someone like yourself, this should be seen as useful information.

Richard

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 22:53:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 - 11 minutes ago  » 
    NB's: I can create a FAQ on treatment via monitors that covers both perspectives on the issue but as with other topics, it would be balanced. Let me know if you're interested in that.
    ---------------
    If for example 99% of all professional recommend or state one thing and 1% state or recommend another, then I would hope a "balanced" perspective would either just state the opinion of the vast majority or make it clear that the minority opinion is just that, an outlier shared by very few professionals. If both sides are presented evenly then IMO it's really not balanced but misleading.
    Richard

Absolutely, and I would endeavor to get more perspectives from pros here and elsewhere if possible. I did not say the results would necessarily be presented evenly.

However, we're talking about an issue where most pros and experts here have not weighed in on all the points above.

Another issue is that there is a possibility that different approaches can be effective. It's one thing to say most professionals don't recommend treatment by monitor replacement, but that's not the same as saying most recommend against it.

11. bedbugsbugme

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 23:07:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Still makes feel uneasy reading that.

12. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 23:10:07
    #

Login to Send PM

NB's: However, we're talking about an issue where most pros and experts here have not weighed in on all the points above.
    -----------
    If our universe only contained the small handful of pro's who post here, I would agree. But except for the opinion of one professional here, all of John's points seem to be pretty much supported by everything I've read on the subject.

Richard

13. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 23:34:46
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Ok serious question. What about people like me who live hours from tbe nearest city and cannot just get a PCO to come out and inspect easily? What do you suggest if passive monitors are not 100%? Again not looking to fight just really curious.

I don't see KillerQueen stating that passive monitors do not work.

He says,

~ Not once have I seen any type of monitor or trap solve or eliminate a Bed Bug infestation.

Monitors by definition in pest control are for checking/monitoring for evidence of a problem. Not solving one. They are the eyes and ears when a PCO is not on sight for real time viewing.

This is an argument KillerQueen is making against treatment by passive monitor (David's protocol).

It's not an argument against passive monitors being used for detection.

I don't see anything above suggesting that.

14. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 23:37:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Richard56 - 25 minutes ago  » 
    NB's: However, we're talking about an issue where most pros and experts here have not weighed in on all the points above.
    -----------
    If our universe only contained the small handful of pro's who post here, I would agree.

As i said, "I would endeavor to get more perspectives from pros here and elsewhere if possible."

15. bedbugsbugme

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 23:48:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 13 minutes ago  » 

bedbugsbugme - 48 minutes ago  » 

I don't see KillerQueen stating that passive monitors do not work.
    He says,

This is an argument KillerQueen is making against treatment by passive monitor (David's protocol).
    It's not an argument against passive monitors being used for detection.
    I don't see anything above suggesting that.

"AND YES - I HAVE BEEN TO MANY LOCATIONS THAT HAVE OR HAD BED BUGS (PLENTY OF THEM) AND HAVE FOUND ZERO BUGS INSIDE MONITORS. THAT'S BEFORE TREATMENT, DURING TREATMENT, OR AFTER TREATMENT. ITS NOT 100% ........ EVER!"

This is what I am questioning.

16. bedbugsbugme

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 23:52:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand that he is saying that using monitors to treat bed bugs is not guaranteed. I am just concerned that he says hey are not 100% able to detect bed bugs as he has been to homes with infestations and found no bugs in the monitors. That is what has me worried as I am currently relying on them since my last encounter March 15th.

17. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 23:59:55
    #

Login to Send PM

bbb: I understand that he is saying that using monitors to treat bed bugs is not guaranteed. I
    ---------------------------------
    He's saying something much stronger than that. He's saying that monitors are not a bed bug treatment at all, they are for "monitoring and checking", hence the name "monitor".

bbb: I am just concerned that he says they are not 100% able to detect bed bugs as he has been to homes with infestations and found no bugs in the monitors.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Again, he's not saying that monitors don't work, just that they don't work 100% of the time.

18. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 18 2017 1:36:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Let's move further discussion of bedbugsbugme's concerns to the new thread the user started:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/suggestions-for-monitors

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,644 posts in 42,613 topics over 128 months by 18,700 of 19,229 members. Latest: Greg_ooo, hpgirl2008, allergyprone