(3 posts)
  1. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 15:22:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello!

I am so very excited to say that, after 6-7 weeks, I think I can FINALLY get myself a couple Passive Monitors

I see they're good for one year, with monthly (or more) checking, and when a fortnight goes by with no evidence, that's the all clear.

My question is this.... let's say I put them on the beds, and the all clear comes and goes, and a few months are clear... then, suddenly, its March and I see fecal marks. Do I then need to remove and replace them, or begin treatment and just mark which fecal spots were already there so I'll know which are new? I'm trying to decide how many I should purchase- I have 3 beds and a chair that were problematic, so I'll need 4 of them for sure, and our new couch will be here soon, and I'll need one there, so 5 total... but would a dozen or so be better? Or can I get by with just the 6 pack?

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
  2. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 16:21:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Never mind! I found the Passive Monitor FAQ's on your site.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 8:15:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Thanks, to give the specific reason have a good look at the image below:

Slide2 by David Cain, on Flickr

Egg laying is transferred to inside the monitor meaning that removal of a tripped monitor breaks the life cycle of the infestation. This simple step is how our hotel clients are so effective in controlling the issue and why our customers only need our service the once if they follow our best practice.

Hope that explains.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us