Moving this weekend! Critique my plan!

(2 posts)
  1. HereWeGoo

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 14 2017 11:08:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Long story short, right now I'm living abroad in Germany, and I have discovered I am (assumably) in the early stages of a BB problem. I notified my landlord and school. I have past experience, but I am moving this weekend and need advice.

Sum of current situation: all of my stuff is currently in plastic bags and air tight containers. My landlord called pest control, who came and blasted the room with residuals. My school arranged a new apartment for me. I move in tomorrow!

Please give me tips!! My plan is just to acquire a few more air tight containers and keep my stuff in there, as I await a delivery of NuvanPro strips. I also have diatomacious earth in liquid/aerosol cans. I dusted the outside of my containers with those.

I also have smooth plastic non-airtight totes I'm planning on just keeping my shoes, back pack, jacket, and everyday things that go from place to place with me. On the inside and outside, I am going to tape a ring of double sided tape+diatomacious earth around the top to protect from anything crawling in or out.

If I am planning on being really extreme I'm going to tap double sided tape around the parameter of my bed on the ceiling and walls, and lace it with diatomacious earth. This may be too much, but I just don't want to deal with this for long and want my life to go back to normal sooner than later.

Good plan?? Please critique. I absolutely want to be as safe as possible, and I'm already paranoid about my new shoes having even set foot in my old apartment and then in my new one when I visited!!! Ahhh! Critique please.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat Jul 15 2017 23:42:28
    #

Login to Send PM

HereWeGoo - 1 day ago  » 
    Long story short, right now I'm living abroad in Germany, and I have discovered I am (assumably) in the early stages of a BB problem. I notified my landlord and school. I have past experience, but I am moving this weekend and need advice.
    Sum of current situation: all of my stuff is currently in plastic bags and air tight containers. My landlord called pest control, who came and blasted the room with residuals. My school arranged a new apartment for me. I move in tomorrow!
    Please give me tips!! My plan is just to acquire a few more air tight containers and keep my stuff in there, as I await a delivery of NuvanPro strips.

That sounds good. Remember clothing and linens can be dried on hot. Even clothing and linens which can't go in a hot dryer when wet (and are not labelled for that) are often fine if they go in dry, which you can do once they're dry.

I also have diatomacious earth in liquid/aerosol cans. I dusted the outside of my containers with those.

I don't think that's going to do much. The sealed container is the main thing.

I also have smooth plastic non-airtight totes I'm planning on just keeping my shoes, back pack, jacket, and everyday things that go from place to place with me. On the inside and outside, I am going to tape a ring of double sided tape+diatomacious earth around the top to protect from anything crawling in or out.

I'm not sure how effective that would be. I would prefer to treat items initially to kill any possible bed bugs. Once you move, you probably don't have to worry about isolating items.

If I am planning on being really extreme I'm going to tap double sided tape around the parameter of my bed on the ceiling and walls, and lace it with diatomacious earth. This may be too much, but I just don't want to deal with this for long and want my life to go back to normal sooner than later.

Again, not sure how effective that is. That said, as with the prior comments, maybe I have misunderstood but once you have moved to a non-infested home, why are you doing that?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,826 posts in 43,337 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7