Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Moving soon, very little money, need help.

(1 post)
  1. itchyinohio

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 27 2011 11:34:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, long story short we have a major bed bug problem. We have been using the powder diatomaceous earth and it helped once but somehow we got re-infested (with live with family, we have upstairs and they down, they refused to retreat) (ignorance on their part they don't think that have a problem). The bugs are back hardcore.

We are planning on moving in a short few weeks. I have already planned on not taking our bed.
    Our son has a waterproof fitted sheet and a BB mattress cover on his mattress (taking that off and taking the mattress but buying new covers) I have a crib that is BRAND new hardly 6 month old I want to take but not sure what I can use to clean it. We have been using rubbing alcohol to kill any we see. What can I use to kill any possible eggs on the crib (it's wood).

I am only taking clothes which I have washed in hot water and dried 1 hr. No sheets, no blankets. Getting all new (well used from family outside this home and BB free)

Planning on getting rid of 90% of my kids toys, ONLY sentimental stuffed animals will be dried and bagged. All books and games, unless unopened (those will be cleaned with alcohol)

We have one laptop, one desktop and a LCD tv. I have NO clue what to do to clean them.

Any ideas what I can do to NOT take them with us. I am so freaking sick of these bugs and itching. My poor kids are getting eaten alive as am I and my hubby. We can't afford all these expensive things and already getting hand me downs just to move away from the BB, as well as government assistance.

PLEASE HELP?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,133 posts in 28,294 topics over 87 months by 12,192 of 19,346 members. Latest: falc, falc2, jazzychazzy
Site Meter