Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

More spider activity after bb treatment?

(6 posts)
  1. Exhaustedsocialworker

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 22:04:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Had anyone noticed more spiders in their home following heat treatment and chemical treatment for bed bugs? Not sure if they have always been there and I'm just hyper vigilant or if something has brought them out... it is Fall which tends to bring more indoors but this is my 3rd fall in this apartment and there haven't been as many as I'm seeing, nor the huge ones I'm seeing... I hope they have a taste for bed bugs!

2. Lostinbedbuggery

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 8:25:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Apparently spiders will act as predators to bb. When I had them I saw many trying to come from ceiling to bed. Saw centipedes too. Maybe the treatment brought all the bugs out a little crazy. Just a guess. I was reading just tonight about spiders, roaches and centrepeds all being predators to bb. Not enough to ever eradicate a problem but they will go them apparently. Good luck with your problem hope it's over soon.

3. Exhaustedsocialworker

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 9:29:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks... The whole predator thing was what I kind of wondered about... I'm hoping they are wanting the carcasses since I'm a heat treatment with residual chemicals and a second chemical treatment in.... It's so frustrating because the elderly man downstairs actually became infested and didn't report so they traveled into my unit above him... And the landlord left a voicemail yesterday thanking me for being on top of it and then proceeded to say because Bob won't see them... Which really freaks me out! If Bob downstairs isn't vigilant and in seeing them in my unit again it's too late! Sigh... This is crazy for sure... Hoping to get rid of them but not sure it'll happen with the old dude sigh...

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 12:30:32
    #

Login to Send PM

If you are treating for bed bugs, you are also killing the predators. The insecticides are not specific for one species only. Biologicals can be different, however.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. hearty

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 6 2017 21:54:51
    #

Login to Send PM

YES I had increased spider activity after heat treatments. Apparently they can survive heat. After the chemical treatment (with my 3rd heat treatment) I saw spiders dying. I felt bad to kill bb predators, but they had not been able to eliminate them anyway. I had an uptick of BROWN RECLUSES after the first heat treatment and had several brown recluse bites, one of which took me to the doctor who confirmed it. But it healed up within 2 weeks. I had to hire a separate bug lady to treat my place for spiders.
    In case I might get the usual 'I don't really know what bit me' the recluse bites I got were definitive. But only one was dangerous and caused the reaction. They must have been confused coming up from the basement with my stuff I brought upstairs to treat, and I slept on my sofa where they bit me, not on my bed.

6. Lostinbedbuggery

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 10:59:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Exhaustedsocialworker - 1 day ago  » 
    Thanks... The whole predator thing was what I kind of wondered about... I'm hoping they are wanting the carcasses since I'm a heat treatment with residual chemicals and a second chemical treatment in.... It's so frustrating because the elderly man downstairs actually became infested and didn't report so they traveled into my unit above him... And the landlord left a voicemail yesterday thanking me for being on top of it and then proceeded to say because Bob won't see them... Which really freaks me out! If Bob downstairs isn't vigilant and in seeing them in my unit again it's too late! Sigh... This is crazy for sure... Hoping to get rid of them but not sure it'll happen with the old dude sigh...

I just left a unit that was infested when I moved in, thank god because my neighbour is infested and wouldn't know how to take the proper precautions to get rid of them. Our landlord is awful and lazy. I'm so lucky to have moved (with nothing basically) to a new room. It's such a nightmare when other infested neighbours can't or won't take the right action. Best of luck in the war

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1