(36 posts)
  1. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jul 8 2008 14:26:58
    #

Login to Send PM

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2101.html

I still have interest in people who have mystery bites.
    Mites have been discussed on this site many times.
    Does anyone have mystery bites but see no bed bugs?

2. pleasenotme

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 7:35:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I did for the last 6 months until 2 nights ago. I discovered some tiny bugs that I'm convinced are bird mites, on the windowsill at the head of the bed. I read up on the bird mite site and it all fits. They attack me and my dog but not my husband. They get more active when it's hot. I wondered why even though I placed sticky traps under the bed legs I still go bit. Apparently they were already on the bed plus my husband pushes his pillow against the wall at night. So I looked at the sticky traps and noticed almost dust sized specks. Examined with my loup and VOILA! Five teeny bugs! I wish I had a microscope that would take photos. I apparently have a battle on my hands now to get rid of them. But I'm happy to finally know what they are.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 8:18:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The main battle with mites is ensuring that you find the source of the problem and treat all the affected areas at the same time.

This does take someone with skills and experience as well as extremely good eye sight. They are small enough that many people seem to be oblivious to their existence.

The good news is that they are easier to kill than Bed Bugs because they don't have the same protective exoskeleton. They do however have a reputation for getting around a property, you need to look floor to ceiling for them and be careful not to breath in their direction as CO2 is one of the signals they use to drop down on food sources.

David

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.
  4. pleasenotme

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 8:19:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David!

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 8:24:01
    #

Login to Send PM

There is also some information hosted at:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/birdmites.html

I don't get that many cases and dislike them more than Bed Bugs but they are a lot easier to treat, you just need good protective clothing to ensure that they do not get into your clothes.

I can cope with BB's till the cows come home but bird mites really make me itch.

David

6. halp_halp_halp

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 9:04:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Chiggers are also mites. By the time you get to itching, the chigger is long gone. I used to get these bites in groups that looked a lot like my bed bug bites do now. Bites tend to show up at your underwear line, sock line, waist line--anywhere the chigger's upward clamber would be disrupted is where they latch on and feed, then hop off, leaving you with itchy welts. You pick them up outside, and can prevent some of them from latching on through careful examination & showering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiggers

7. pleasenotme

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 14:56:30
    #

Login to Send PM

My bites seem to be whatever part of me is in contact with the mattress. They do seem to attack all at once and wake me up.

8. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 15:51:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I think you need to strongly consider either an allergic reaction or a reaction to dust mites.

If you dont already have a mattress cover in place put one on soon and if you cant arrange that saran wrap the mattress and see if that gives some relief.

As a rule insects that crawl would bites exposed skin rather than skin in contact with surfaces. A simple survival instinct to avoid being squashed.

David

9. Gingerbug

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 18:18:42
    #

Login to Send PM

We had mystery bites - bites at night, but no sign of bedbugs.

We believe we had chiggers, not bedbugs. Still checking just to make sure, but we have had no bites for a week since changing all bedding and having a perethrin treatment.

Hopelessnomo suggested chiggers to me, and pointed me in the direction of a great site that has a lot of info on it. (thanks Hopelessnomo!)

Here's the site: http://www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/ohio/science/art13001.html

Our chigger bites tended to show up at the underwear line, under the armpits, groin area, and on the back, and butt. Some people on this forum suggested that bedbugs can bite you anywhere, which is true. But if your bites tend to be in these areas, you might want to consider chiggers. We were treated with perethrin, which works on all mites, according to my doctor - scabies, chiggers, rat mites, etc. You put the cream on at night and wash it off in the morning. You wash your sheets after treatment, all clothes you were wearing in hot water and hot dryer, and put stuffed toys away in bags for a few weeks.

Chiggers actually can hang on for quite a while I learned - a few days, in fact. If you have kids that like to wear the same clothes day after day and are NOT big on baths which will wash off chiggers, you can have bites for several days which is what happened in our case. I believe my bites were due to me lying down in my son's bed at night while he fell asleep. He must have been covered with them.

We believe he got them from hanging out on the edge of our property where he and his sister have a fort under the underbrush that they liked to lie down in. She had bites as well, but no where near as many as his.

10. pleasenotme

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 9 2008 21:48:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I have a mattress encasement and these are definitely bites. Much itchier than fleas or mosquitos, and they last a long time. Maybe I'm mistaken about them biting where I'm touching the mattress. I get bit in all sorts of interesting places. But I usually waske up around 3:30- 4:30 feeling like things are crawling all over me. I turn on the flaslight I sleep with and never spot anything on me except a few more bites. I'm taking my sample of bugs I caught in the sticky trap to an entomologist for an ID. I'm fairly certain they are not BBs at least. I'll let you all know what they say.

11. pleasenotme

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 19:37:04
    #

Login to Send PM

So the guy at the county extension office was not an entomologist but he did have a microscope and a field guide. We couldn't figure out what these bugs are. They aren't mites, They aren't BBs. They were a little shriveled by the time I got them to him but if anyone knows of some tiny bugs with really long antennae that have a 90 degree kink toward the end and the end is kind of clublike, let me know. They are grayish in color. A few spiky hairs on their shoulders. No wings. They have a neck. Maximum size is about 3 mm long. On a sticky trap they look like little specks of grayish/blackish dust.
    I'm going to try to catch one in a vial in alcohol and send it off to an entomologist.

12. prayforamiracle

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 19:41:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Why not post a picture on flicker and then post it here.

13. itchynscratchy

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 20:43:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been getting mystery bites that don't itch. Singles and doubles and triples. They look different on different parts of my body. This has been happening since May. No bedbugs, skins or feces found. We have found carpet beetles, spider beetles and baby roaches. Been treated several times by PCO for bedbugs after dog indicated. Whole dog experience was odd, didn't trust it. Another dog came in and indicated in an area where I was not getting bites. But that dog was very distracted with our cat. I have no idea what is going on. Only thing I am sure of is that I am exhausted and ready to throw in the towel.

14. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 17 2008 15:53:02
    #

Login to Send PM

We must understand that many people experience delayed reactions and lingering sensations to bed bug bites. I believe that the possibility exists that many months later skin reactions may appear or continue to appear or re-appear due to your immune system response making us believe that we are receiving new bites or allergic reactions to detergents or dust mites. Experts do not know as of yet but one day when the medical community gets up to speed than we may have some definite answers, yet of course because of the bed bug's stealth one may have bed bugs but are not successful at finding bugs or their signs other than the skin reaction experience.

15. bait

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 17 2008 20:01:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I've experienced biting for one year, beginning last August during the bed bug "epidemic" in New York City. I get bit daily. I don't trust my neighbors in my multi-unit building, and I do not communicate with them. The building mangement just gave me lip service. I have never seen a bug, egg, skin or feces. I got rid of everything that could provide harborage. I have gone through three PCOs. The chemical sprays were absolutely useless in my case. Earlier I was unable to isolate my bed, but now that I have dusted the wall voids with Drione and am using DE religiously, I have attained tolerable conditions. Although BBs make sense in my situation and timeline, it is possible I don't have them. I would like more info on martin bugs. I also think there might be something "new" out there, and not well understood. I've read about others who are not experiencing the classic bed bug infestation.

16. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 17 2008 23:01:00
    #

Login to Send PM

bait said,

"I have never seen a bug, egg, skin or feces."

Do you know what to look for? Did the PCO carefully inspect? (How long did this inspection take?)

I am not sure it is possible for you to have bed bugs in your home for a year and yet have no signs (this isn't the same as not seeing signs, since they can be subtle).

Have bites increased over time?

If there really are no signs of bed bugs, then you really need to rule out other possibilities.

Re: martin bugs:

Martin bugs (Hemiptera: Cimicidae: Oeciacus hirundinis) and swallow bugs (Hemiptera: Cimicidae: Oeciacus vicarius) are closely related to bed bugs (as are bat bugs).

See: this page from Purdue's entomology dept. (hence the comments about species found in Indiana):

Relatives of Bed Bugs

Bed bugs belong to the family Cimicidae of the insect order Hemiptera, the group of insects known as "true bugs." In addition to the three species that are associated with humans, there are at least 88 species of Cimicidae in the world that live with and feed on bats or birds. Approximately 10-12 species of these bugs occur in the continental U.S., including four species in Indiana. Two species are known as "bat bugs," one is known as a "swallow bug," and one is known as a "purple martin bug." Bat bugs and swallow bugs typically feed on their bat or bird hosts, but will feed on humans if their normal sources of blood are not available. The effects of their bites are similar to those associated with the bites of bed bugs. There is no evidence that bat bugs and swallow bugs transmit disease agents to humans.

Here's a fact sheet on bat bugs:
    http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2105a.html

This article mentions swallow bugs:
    http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/housingandclothing/DK1022.html

And
    Here's a photo of a martin bug:
    http://www.biolib.cz/en/taxon/id72366/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  17. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2008 8:12:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted to put this link out here because it may help those looking on seeing what may be biting them. I would like to believe that I don't have bed bugs anymore but I do have these bites that started about a month ago. They aren't like my bed bug bites were in the past as they do not itch half as bad. They are about the same size, but all hard and round, and ONLY located on my neck and a couple on my shoulders. (about 5-6 on each side of my neck, near my ear, going down. If that makes sense.) We live in the country and the only sitings of bugs I have seen are various types of midges, (biting and non biting) and a few small black flies. (which to my unprofessional eye, the black fly looks much like the biting bidge but less fuzzy)

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2129.html

http://www.lawestvector.org/black_flies.htm

http://www.pittstate.edu/~dgordon/MysteryBites/MysteryBites.html

So as of now, after bed bugs...I know other bugs that bite exist on our property. I'm leaning on the midge concern for I've seen them. Though black flies bite a lot around the head/neck area, you can feel them bite, so I'm ruling out the black fly thing. I do have a big concern with the mite issue in the trees though. We have many oak here and my few bites that I have gotten over the last 3-4 wks resemble the pictures. So, today hubby and I are going "leaf hunting." (maybe even climb a tree or two, yeah, okay) The plan is to get some leaves and get a pet roller, roll the bed with it, then send it all out for any possible ID. I hope to contact our County Cooperative Extension Service as the last link suggests for some help if needed. Being in my area, I think this is very likely, so I'll see.

I hope the links help those out there if they have bites during the summer months..that yes, they could have bed bugs, but there are many other possible causes out there as well.

18. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2008 11:09:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Bites. The big question that seems to be on most peoples mind these days.
    I do believe that a home could have bed bugs for a year a not see any signs.
    It is easy for a person to destroy signs before they had a good chance to see them by vacuuming and cleaning.
    If one is not paying close attention and very careful attention and is not sure what they are looking for and where to look than signs can be missed. In an apartment building I can speculate all kinds of possibilities. Also these suckers could harbour in area that is impossible to see and only venture out in the night. I do think that if you inspect and you have bed bugs that after a year of suspecting than you should have found some evidence but I cannot rule out the possibility that you could have easily missed signs.
    Can bed bugs harbor in your neighbors apartment and on occasions come over to your place, bite you and then go back to the major infestation site? Maybe.
    Dr. Kells states that 5% of the infest population once the infestation grows to a certain population will venture away from the main site so maybe that can explain your situation. These creatures took me by surprise and continued to surprise me for a long time so because of my experience I believe that many things are possible when it comes to bed bugs.

19. sleeplessinorlando

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2008 14:48:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, so I am new and live in Orlando and I am still unsure as to whether or not I have BB soooo:
    1. would it be safe to say, if I got a PCO who treated the place for BB would it kill any other blood suckin' SOB's like ticks, mites,fleas etc?

background:
    All of my furniture is second hand mid-century wood pieces, including my couch which is wood and upholstery, but not my bed/mattress which I bought at IKEA. I live atop a garage in a heavily wooded area near downtown, and the building has been around since at least the 1950's; needless to say there is no AC...just fans and windows. The age of the home, and the fact that my windows are open almost every night, makes the cracks and crevasses premium real estate for all bugs. I wash all my linens in steaming hot water and I checked under my mattress and inspected the whole thing to find the tale tell signs of BBs and came up negative; however, my couch is practically the same amberish color as BBs so I feel like I would have to lint roll the whole thing to find any evidence.
    I have been suspicious of bedbugs for about a week and have frequently lurked the forums and FAQ's.
    My landlady has outdoor/feral cats that I occasionally let upstairs on my porch, with rugs, to play with. The other day I was sitting on the rugs in shorts, after maybe a week of not having a cat come up, sanding some wood shelving that I built, took a shower and then fell asleep on the couch for a siesta without pants. That night I took another shower and once I got out, I noticed many mosquito looking bites on my thighs/buttocks, knees, and ankles and as per one of the threads on here, I decided to take a sharpie and dot next to the bites in order to keep track of which are new and old. This morning I woke up with about 6 new bites, but none seem to venture up above my legs.

I should also mention that the sofa is probably ground zero because I picked it up at the Habitat for Humanity resale store, compared to the other furniture which was either taking up space in someone's garage or storage. Within the next week or so I am going to lint roll the sofa, look in all the outlets/cable holes, wash the rugs on the hot cycle and constantly keep my eyes open.

So again, if I went out and got some DE and dusted it, VERY CAREFULLY- I know, around the cracks where the baseboards and floorboards meet, around the outlets, in the joints of the bed and maybe under the cushions on the couch would that kill any bug?

**after not sitting on the sofa for two days I haven't gotten new bites, should I just steam clean the thing?

Thanks!

20. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2008 14:59:02
    #

Login to Send PM

A response from Paula went into the spam filter, and I have just rescued it. Please scroll back 3 posts before mine to read it.

21. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2008 16:46:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you NoBugs.

22. professor_fate

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 18 2008 17:25:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm getting these phantom bites now too, and they are most likely delayed reactions to older bedbug bite locations. It's just a mild itch, feels like a bite, but nothing there when you look.

It was nice to be away from the bedbug-infested sro for a few days. We took lots of precautions, with clothing and possessions, on the way to a friend's house -- but it seems they were just now starting to get bitten too, possibly from my visit three weeks previously.

Now I'm back in the original infestation/hotel, with a well-fed bedbug showing up on my new cot on the fourth morning here. There were some on walls and boxes the previous three days, but I didn't think they'd find a way past the petroleum jelly (Carmex & Tiger Balm) barriers on the six legs of the cot.

23. pleasenotme

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Aug 1 2008 18:47:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, this is weird. SInce finding these little bugs I put my bed legs on sticky traps and caught several, about 50. Im also moved the bed away from the window. I have since only been bitten if I have gotten near the window sill where I found them or 1 or 2 bites that occurred in other place. I'm sleeping a whole lot better.

So here's the weird part... The entomologist identified them as Springtails, a supposedly non-biting bug. If I had bed bugs that were the ones actually biting me, wouldn't they be the ones being caught in the sticky traps? Wouldn't i have seen some other sign in 8 months? Could Springtails be biters in certain situations?

24. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 4 2008 11:37:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I never heard of springtails biting but they can infest your home. If you bring in plants from outside the springtails can be in the soil. If you let the soil dry out that will help to kill them. Also try a dehumidifier, sound like you may have a moisture problem.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2070.html

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/IG124

Warning: Do not freak out.
    I must mention this and be aware that it is controversial, is this information questionable, you decide. I believe that it is worth noting and discussing.
    I know that hopelessnomo will love this.
    Note that the CDC is now doing a study on Morgellons and a documentary viewed on television a couple of months back on this.

http://www.headlice.org/news/2005/august/tiny_bugs_wreak_havoc.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons

25. Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 4 2008 13:49:50
    #

Login to Send PM

It's sad that the thought of provoking me is an encouragement to you. I'm going back into retirement, so knock yourself out.

Morgellons. Mercy.

26. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 4 2008 14:26:57
    #

Login to Send PM

No not at all, its just that I have been on this site for so long that I have an idea of which posts you will comment on and what you will say. I've been thinking of retirement myself lately.
    Morgellons, you never know. People once thought that the world was flat.

27. aballen

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 4 2008 19:34:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Lt. Dan, PLEASE STOP THE FREAKISH INTERNET DIAGNOSING! THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM WE ARE DEALING WITH; WE ARE ALL CRAZY ABOUT THESE MYSTERY BITES AND DO NOT NEED ADDITIONAL IDEAS PLANTED IN OUR HEADS TO OBSESS ON AND FEED OUR PARANOIA. MAYBE START A NEW WEBSITE FOR MYSTERY BITES.

28. barelyliving

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Aug 4 2008 21:00:42
    #

Login to Send PM

We all know to take things with a grain of salt, it is the internet after all. I've enjoyed lots of Lt Dan's stuff and Hopeless-- don't retire guys, we need all the help we can get.

29. pleasenotme

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 5 2008 7:42:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sure you all think I'm nuts but I really think the Springtails are what has been biting me. I found this http://collembolareferences.blogspot.com/ about different reports of them parasitizing humans. Why else would they be attempting to climb up my bed? I have no moisture problem there, the mattress is encased. I keep the bedding clean. My bites have all but stopped since the sticky traps have been in place and the bed pulled away from the window.

30. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 5 2008 11:02:15
    #

Login to Send PM

barelyliving,
    You said "We all know to take things with a grain of salt, it is the internet after all. I've enjoyed lots of Lt Dan's stuff and Hopeless-- don't retire guys, we need all the help we can get."
    I thank you for this.

aballen,
    I am sorry that you feel that way. It appears that you are freaking.
    I suggest going to a therapist. I only suggest this because I had to and it did help me.
    I like to inform you that what you are going through I had been through and then some so
    please be assured that I can definitely relate to everyone on this site. I am not going to get into my specifics but if you have time and you are interested I think this site allows you to go back in time and review my details. I discovered my infestation back in October 2006 and it was harder than because we did not have the information and support that is available now. I had to speak with all kinds of people and research every aspect of bed bugs. I spoke with many of our leading entomologist and I had made many friends and all were very patient and helpful. I am here for you if you need me and you can PM me anytime. Wish you the best of luck in life and in your war with bed bugs.

31. aballen

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 5 2008 19:46:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Ihave a therapist and I AM FREAKING. This has been going on since January and we have spent thousands and now looking at 12k for Vikane after approx 8-9 weeks with no bites, then they are back. I am so desperate and do not know what to do except the Vikane. This is my home, not an apartment where I will live for a while, but the home where I raised my children, where I plan to die, my safe haven. It was so beautiful before I emptied everything out, now it is a scary, sterile shell. I know you can relate if you have been here. Sorry, I am rambling, but still and over the posts related to speculation. I am here for reliable information.

32. summer_6981

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Sep 8 2008 4:35:47
    #

Login to Send PM

hi, i am recieving mystery bites, even during the day. i am trying to find out what they could be. i don't have fleas in my house, already checked, i have sealed my matresses and put double sided tape around them, but no bugs. i am constantly having a crawling sensation on me all over. these bites hurt and them will leave a red mark with what looks like a pimple in the middle. does anyone know what this could be? i am getting them all over my hands, arms and legs.

33. sereneseek

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Feb 16 2009 13:29:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the crawling sensations all day and night. Sometimes I get a reprieve of a couple of weeks and hope they are gone, but it always returns. I feel it in every orifice of my body and on my skin. Sometimes when I reach up after having the sensation I can feel something very tiny and hard; other times nothing. I have never seen anything. There is a "bite" mark much like a bedbug bite but it fades away. It's kind of a white area with a red dot in the middle. Incidentally, I spent three days at a friend's house who has several pets; I slept on the bed where her cat usually sleeps. It was while I was at her home that I felt like bugs were crawling into (or out of) my nose.

It's coincidental that I had (have?) bedbugs. I don't want to go to the doctor b/c I'm afraid whatever I have is communicable.

By the way, I wish it were psychological.

34. thehungryghosts

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Dec 5 2013 13:45:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Collembola is what I found.

It glitters - can come in any color (including metallic), jumps, flies, can range from tiny to flea sized, seeks fungus and leaves fungus, molts leaving calcium casings, loves fabric, etc etc.

I thought I had scabies for 5 months, but finally the reality of mold in my house and a microscope helped me ID this bug. My derm thought I was crazy until he saw one crawl out of my skin and hop away.

They are damn hard to get rid of in fabric, still testing the options. I've soaked my clothing in ammonia, vinegar, cedarcide PCO, enzymes, borax, Odoban, Dawn.... I haven't found the magic bullet for clothing yet.

Fogging helps. So do IGRs. Swiffers are great. I spray with a mix of vinegar and 91% alcohol.

OTC products:
    Blue Star Ointment
    Absorbine Jr.
    Mix of mustard powder, coconut oil, MSM before bathing
    Essential Oils (I use the mix recommended by stopskinmites.com mixed with TickShield Tactical)

RX - Econazole cream and Ketaconazole shampoo.

I've had these in my eyes (the doc thought it was demodex, but it's not), ears (massive infection treated with abx drops), nose (saline/Alkalol rinse), privates (Vitanica suppositories), car (sold it - and fully disclosed the infestation in the ad!), moved twice (both houses had mold which attracts collembola), got rid of everything fabric I could manage.... in some ways I wish I had dumped everything.

Internally I take:
    Cat's Claw
    Neem
    MSM
    Collidal Silver
    mega vitamins/enzymes
    EDTA/heavy metal detox
    Activated charcoal/mold detox

I think these things gave me Lyme Disease - I haven't seen a tick in 30 years.

The problem with IDing them is that they are the fastest bug on the planet, so you can't really see them in the environment... so glue traps, a microscope and vigilance. I hope to overcome them soon.

35. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Dec 5 2013 17:17:02
    #

Login to Send PM

thehungryghosts - 3 hours ago  » 
    Collembola is what I found.
    It glitters - can come in any color (including metallic), jumps, flies, can range from tiny to flea sized, seeks fungus and leaves fungus, molts leaving calcium casings, loves fabric, etc etc.
    I thought I had scabies for 5 months, but finally the reality of mold in my house and a microscope helped me ID this bug. My derm thought I was crazy until he saw one crawl out of my skin and hop away.
    They are damn hard to get rid of in fabric, still testing the options. I've soaked my clothing in ammonia, vinegar, cedarcide PCO, enzymes, borax, Odoban, Dawn.... I haven't found the magic bullet for clothing yet.
    Fogging helps. So do IGRs. Swiffers are great. I spray with a mix of vinegar and 91% alcohol.
    OTC products:
    Blue Star Ointment
    Absorbine Jr.
    Mix of mustard powder, coconut oil, MSM before bathing
    Essential Oils (I use the mix recommended by stopskinmites.com mixed with TickShield Tactical)
    RX - Econazole cream and Ketaconazole shampoo.
    I've had these in my eyes (the doc thought it was demodex, but it's not), ears (massive infection treated with abx drops), nose (saline/Alkalol rinse), privates (Vitanica suppositories), car (sold it - and fully disclosed the infestation in the ad!), moved twice (both houses had mold which attracts collembola), got rid of everything fabric I could manage.... in some ways I wish I had dumped everything.
    Internally I take:
    Cat's Claw
    Neem
    MSM
    Collidal Silver
    mega vitamins/enzymes
    EDTA/heavy metal detox
    Activated charcoal/mold detox
    I think these things gave me Lyme Disease - I haven't seen a tick in 30 years.
    The problem with IDing them is that they are the fastest bug on the planet, so you can't really see them in the environment... so glue traps, a microscope and vigilance. I hope to overcome them soon.

Hello - sorry to hear what's going on but I think you may have been reading some bad websites out there.

Collembola - AKA Springtales, are harmless to humans.

36. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Sat Dec 7 2013 4:17:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree with Killer Queen

you gotta be really careful what your read out there, especially mites or invisible mites

did you check the discaimler on stopskinmites.com?

The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. The information on this site is not intended as a substitute for a relationship with a qualified health care professional and it should in no way be misinterpreted as medical advice

in my view, this is another scam site

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,140 posts in 29,402 topics over 90 months by 12,679 of 19,939 members. Latest: bugbastards, chris1979, tallpaul