1. outsmartbb

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jul 13 2014 2:05:48
    #

Login to Send PM

http://www.birc.org/JulAug2011.pdf

But dangerous to inhale too much of
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002683.htm

This could be good for treating difficult items to treat with spray or dust insecticides, such as mobile telephones and laptops.

Anyone have any field experience with these?

2. outsmartbb

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jul 13 2014 3:38:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I will likely try fumigation an infested room with wintergreen oil for 2 days, and see what happens. Bed bugs Hate the smell of that, and I'm not surprised, as putting it on our skin burns a lot. I am curious what it does to their exoskeleton when sprayed on it - likely disintegrates it in time. Naked bed bugs... seems like a funny urbanite cartoon in the making!

3. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jul 13 2014 10:25:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Outsmart, methinks that you are just posting stupid stuff on this forum to get a rise out of people.

I urge my fellow forum members to ignore these posts and not feed the beast.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jul 13 2014 14:14:15
    #

Login to Send PM

outsmartbb - 10 hours ago  » 
    I will likely try fumigation an infested room with wintergreen oil for 2 days, and see what happens. Bed bugs Hate the smell of that, and I'm not surprised, as putting it on our skin burns a lot. I am curious what it does to their exoskeleton when sprayed on it - likely disintegrates it in time. Naked bed bugs... seems like a funny urbanite cartoon in the making!

You don't really know if these vapors may cause bugs to spread deeper into your home as a bomb might do.

Since we haven't verified whether you have bat or bird bugs instead of bed bugs, you can't really report on the results of your "experiment".

As noted previously, finding bed bugs only on the walls in a home previously untreated with bombs is very unusual.

Bed bug treatment works and experts here like David Cain and P Bello could give you advice on treating your problem -- once the species is verified -- but you do not seem interested in this.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. outsmartbb

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Jul 13 2014 15:26:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, nobugsonme, two exterminators attempted to eradicate the bed bugs and failed: 4 cryonite treatments and 2 heat treatments. The sentiment among countless others is failure with exterminators. So now I'm following what exterminators suggest as traditional treatments, along with considering newer forms of treatment, such as wintergreen oil to fumigate electronics (if safe to those materials), as it's faster than Nuvan and results show better mortality rates for treated space. The traditional things I'm doing: intercept ceiling, bed leg interceptors, daily change bed linens, daily spray bed frame with 91% alcohol, puff DE, drione, tempo, and tri-die to places bed bugs might be, made carpet out of towels for under my bed legs and puffed dusts on to bottom and top of that so dusts have greater chance of getting on bed bugs bodies than if they are just walking over it on a smooth wood floor, shower in morning and night with shampoo and soap having sodium laurel sulfate and wash hair each time, put dirty clothes in airtight hamper upon returning home, vacuum weekly, reapply dusts weekly, wear bed bug repellent on clothes (not direct on skin) of 25% DEET. Have I missed anything?

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2014 9:06:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I to will advocate the:

Stop and confirm before proceeding approach.

With each thing you do there is a risk that you are making this more and more complex and thus harder to unravel and resolve.

Please be aware of the fact that you are not doing yourself any favors here both in terms of your treatment and making people want to help you.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  7. outsmartbb

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2014 10:49:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Well David Cain, the wintergreen oil was tried and succeeded to kill bed bugs via filter paper inside a mason jar. After exterminators (those pros) fail, the other option left is to try new ways. The entomologist recommend now the addition of wintergreen oil to a heat treatment to increase efficacy. Wintergreen oil was found to be valuable 2 years ago, yet no mention of its success in small chambers anywhere on this site despite some apparent experts in the industry being on this site often... I wonder why...

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2014 10:56:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Well outsmartbb, please go back and read what I have said. I have not said it will not work, I have not commented on that.

I have commented on the fact that you have failed to manage to hire a competent professional (several times).

You have failed to get rid of them yourself (more than several times).

You continue to fail to get rid of them despite increasingly radical methods.

What part of this makes you think that the next 2, 4, 6, 8 or even 10 "great ideas" will solve the problem and when you do find a solution will you be advocating that people repeat all of your steps to work out which ones are actually working?

The golden rule with bedbugs is confirm first and foremost.

Would you like to actually stop and get something right for a change like actually being able to prove you have a current infestation?

Or do you want to keep that one a secret for some reason?

David

9. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2014 11:47:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, nobugsonme, two exterminators attempted to eradicate the bed bugs and failed: 4 cryonite treatments and 2 heat treatments. The sentiment among countless others is failure with exterminators.
    The traditional things I'm doing: intercept ceiling, bed leg interceptors, daily change bed linens, daily spray bed frame with 91% alcohol, puff DE, drione, tempo, and tri-die to places bed bugs might be, made carpet out of towels for under my bed legs and puffed dusts on to bottom and top of that so dusts have greater chance of getting on bed bugs bodies than if they are just walking over it on a smooth wood floor, shower in morning and night with shampoo and soap having sodium laurel sulfate and wash hair each time, put dirty clothes in airtight hamper upon returning home, vacuum weekly, reapply dusts weekly, wear bed bug repellent on clothes (not direct on skin) of 25% DEET.
    Have I missed anything?

Yes, you have, and David also pointed this out and we and others have pointed it out in your other posts (which it seems that you really never read and understand) that there was never the correct species identification.
    Also, if the species is the common bed bug and you keep saying it hasn't been controlled, are you continuously finding live bed bugs? Are you basing your idea that the bugs haven't been controlled because of continued skin lesions and/or bite-like reactions alone?
    From all your posts, you seem to try a procedure and then you try another and then another and another. Maybe you are also not giving any one procedure enough time to provide the result that you want. The roadrunner and coyote cartoon always had the coyote try one procedure after another to capture the roadrunner, but never just repeated a procedure twice.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2014 12:15:23
    #

Login to Send PM

MEEP MEEP!

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2014 16:58:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Well put, Lou!

12. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2014 17:00:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Excellent analogy, Lou, but then...you are an expert.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,362 posts in 46,556 topics over 141 months by 20,532 of 21,395 members. Latest: Bedbugvaca, jidhvs1, Darrellkking