mattress encasement for sleep number/select comfort bed

(6 posts)
  1. bugsincincnnati

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Aug 15 2009 16:42:11
    #

Login to Send PM

hi! i've been tourmented for weeks with bb...my neighbor first found them in her apartment and they have traveled to mine. had my first treatment 4 days ago...the pco told me i have to go back to bed. i've scoured and searched...washed, dried, and put all clothing in space bags in the basement of the apartment building. there were no signs of bed bug dirt on my bed...none to be found other than when i had all bedding off and went in the room around 12 am and low and behold found 3 bb in their smaller stages. i have a select comfort bed, which is composed of a heavy duty plastic foundation with legs and a removable dust cover. imagine an open box, flipped, on legs. the mattress has a zipper all the way around the top and at the head of the bed, 2 small hoses exit the bed and connect to a small pump on the floor which inflates/deflates the bed. the pco told me this would not pose a problem, but to get an encasment. well i picked one up from bbb and low and behold, duh, the zipper won't go all the way around because of the hoses. i have duct taped the part i can't zip but am still worried. i assume my problem has been caught early, but i don't want it to get worse nor can i sleep in the bed knowing bb's can get out and bite me. please help! thanks!

2. bklyn

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 28 2010 12:30:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there -

Did you find a solution to this? I also have a sleep number bed, and with the bed bug epidemic, I want to make sure I protect my mattress, pillows and stored clothing from any issues.

Thanks.

3. millerj

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Aug 19 2011 14:07:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey, if you have not figured this out yet, if you go into the sleep number/select comfort store, they do sell encasements for these mattresses. It is called a total encasement mattress pad and it runs about $180, but I think it's worth it to avoid the bites and lack of sleep. I found it by just looking at the website, in hopes that they would make something like this, especially with frequently there are bed bugs being found everywhere anymore. Hope you have good luck with yours.

4. mommy

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 8 2013 20:44:41
    #

Login to Send PM

5. Suzanne

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 8 2013 20:49:00
    #

Login to Send PM

If you order in a store they ship straight to you without shipping costs. Just ordered mine today!
    Be here in 5 days. Fingers crossed!

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 9 2013 1:09:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Killer Queen also gave advice for using a traditional encasement in this thread:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/sleep-number-mattress

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.