• Latest reply from bed-bugscouk
  • (no related topics found)
  1. beatlesman

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 0:21:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Are spas and massage places, like fancy ones, a good place to pick up bed bugs? Is there anything I can do to prevent it besides not going? thanks.

2. F. Pazos

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 6:59:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I will enumerate a few places were we found and treated bed bugs:
    Homes
    Cinemas
    Hotels
    Restaurants
    1 school
    Taxis
    Buses
    Hotels
    And of course some massage parlors (both, nice and not that nice)....
    So, the answer to your question would be yes.

The best you can do is just continously monitor your home so you can detect any infeatation in early stage.

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  3. barelyliving

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 7:04:16
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband and I just got a couple's massage for our anniversary at a nice place, and I was wondering the same thing. I just looked all around the edge of the carpet while I undressed and at the table, etc. and it seemed clear to me. I guess we all just have to be aware and keep monitoring, these creatures are a part of life, now.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Apr 20 2017 7:47:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

While it is possible it is generally one on the high probable, mainly because people usually enter treatment rooms wearing robes only and thus its a more "isolated" from outside world environment than many.

I have spoken to more "spa's" about concerns than I have seen confirmed cases and a few times the "domestic call out" has turned out to be a place of more of a more "commercial" nature. Heck I once had the full Lady Heather (CSI Vegas reference) experience when I had to deal with an issue int he cambers of a professional Dominatrix,

As you say bed bugs are a fact of life, sensible avoidance such as checking places you stay, places, you visit and places you work are part of a healthy personal responsibility. However, the most and important of all is what you do and have in place at home to deal with an issue in case it does get brought in.

To be very clear I am not an advocate of people creating over cautious behavioral patterns and avoiding things because of bed bug risks. Its an awesome world out there and you only get to see that by getting out in it.

On a few occasions I have even recommended spa / golf weekends to re-balance and reconnect couples post bed bug stress and somewhere I have a postcard that proves "inspecting the bed is more fun when its two doing the checking".

Hope that helps, I have additional anxiety management resources on my website.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

255,578 posts in 40,931 topics over 125 months by 17,911 of 18,303 members. Latest: hunkamunka, jt90808, Ihbb9