Losing my mind

(2 posts)
  1. Nikitalee

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 4:54:03
    #

Login to Send PM

So about 6 weeks ago my husband so kindly brought home bed bugs.. now my situation is this: my husband works in demolition and is only home Saturday and sunday. I gave birth to my youngest child 8 weeks ago and I also have a 3 year old.
    In other words my husband came home, dropped off some parasites and left again. A week later (when I realised I had bed bugs) I called a pest controller who sprayed pyrethrum.. that night my bugs went rampant (I have horrific skin reactions to bites) and I woke up with an excess of 80 bites all over my body. So I thought screw this. And took all of my clothing and kids clothing and went to the laundry mat before leaving town to where my husband was staying. Fast forward and it turns out his whole apartment was infested, so I swapped being bitten at home for being bitten somewhere else.. then I fell down a flight of stairs with my new born daughter and broke my leg (baby was fine)
    Snap back to reality and I return home, cover every mattress and every possible surface in DE, fastforward another month and the bbs are still feasting on me like it's the last supper. I haven't slept in weeks, I feel isolated as I don't want to go to other people's houses incase I accidently infest them, and I don't want people coming over and catching them from here. My pest controller had literally been flogging me off for the last 2 weeks after agreeing to do a full house heat treatment, and my husband is wondering why I'm so moody.
    I swear to god no one understands the serverity of the situation for me. It's hard enough trying to be a good parent to a new born baby and a 3 year old, let alone with a broken leg, on top of that I'm eaten alive nightly and get no sleep because of it. So far we have thrown thousands into trying to sort this out and have yet to see results. Please for the sake of my sanity tell me this heat treatment is 100% going to fix this before I start ripping my hair out 😖

2. Woodrow15

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 8:37:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Unfortunately nothing is a 100% guarantee, especially with bed bugs. We got them from our downstairs neighbor after they attempted self treatment for months and we are 2 chemical treatments in. This morning, I found a dead one in the bathroom floor. I am easily losing my mind but know I am not along. Keep your head up, you will make it through this.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,050 posts in 42,686 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us