Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Look like a bed bug molting?

(3 posts)
  1. SleeplessInOhio

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 15 2008 18:50:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Pretty sure I have bedbugs in my second floor apt, 4 out of 6 of us in the house have awaken with multiple welts/bites.

I think the infestation is low, we haven't been able to catch a single live bug. We also can not find any signs of bugs other than the moltings in the picture I've included. No visible eggs, bugs or blood spots on any bed or furniture.

I think the culprit was a couch that has since been removed. The only problem is I freaked out about spiders after my sister called me at work and said they found some kind of "eggs" in the couch. We moved it to the basement before realizing our problem was probably bedbugs (thanks a lot for the warning govt., thought these things only existed in nursery rhymes.)

Soooo, most likely I've infested the entire basement during the few days my couch was down there, yes? It's a horrible huge old dungeon like basement with cracks and crevices EVERYWHERE. I don't even want to imagine what is going on down there. We were in the process of looking for a new house and 75% of my belongings are already boxed and in that basement along with upholstered furniture of the neighbor's.

So even though the infestation in my apt. is probably low and easily treatable, the basement is probably festering with bugs who will now gain even easier access into the rest of the apt. building.

I've been researching for a few days now, have read for HOURS and think I am finally ready to mentally and physically deal with this problem, I hope. However, I do have a few questions I've had trouble finding answers to in my research.

I know the resolution and quality of photos are low, but do those look like bb moltings?

Does anyone know if the tenant or owner in Ohio is responsible for financial costs of eradication? I live in a 3 story apt building with 4 units and basement. Other than my household, only one other unit is being rented out.

How on earth does a PCO go about treating a dungeon like basement?

I live in a smalltown in SE Ohio. No exterminators in the area treat bbs. The landlord said he is "looking in to it" which do not sound like promising words to me. My landlord is a drug addict who can barely pay to have our trash picked up, so I'm a little concerned about legal/financial issues. How long should I give my landlord to act before contacting the Health Dept. and legal aide?

Sorry, I told myself I would make this post short.
    I really did try.

2. SleeplessInOhio

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 15 2008 18:52:50
    #

Login to Send PM

3. bedbugvictimperthaustralia

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jun 15 2008 21:22:13
    #

Login to Send PM