Living in a white cloud

(7 posts)
  1. lagayle59

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 14:28:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, after almost 9 months of these hellish pests, I appear to be bed bug free, at least at this point. I sprayed so many different things, and none worked for long. Finally, in desperation I put Cimexa down, everywhere. Wrapped my sofa and loves eat in heavy plastic with Nuvan strips, and left for one month. When I unwrapped them, no bugs anywhere on them. The only place I am worried about now is my car, so I have a strip in it now, but since I must use it, at least occasionally, I have to air it out periodically, remove the strip, then replace it when I return home. There simply is no other way I can accomplish getting them out except this way. I know this will mean it will take longer to kill them, but it is all I can do and seems to be working, as I have not been bitten in my car the last two times I have been in it. I live in my home with a thin layer of cimexa everywhere and have no idea when I will vacuum it up. Too afraid to really consider it now. I did have to move my fur babies into my utility area and put a border of cimexa around them as the bed bugs were torture to one of my dogs, never bothered the other one. Anyway, I play with them daily and tell them we will all soon be back together. Nothing has worked like Cimexa, though not fast, it does kill them. I will continue to leave it for at least another month, shower before and after I leave home, keep my clothes in the bags they are in, until I get brave enough to consider that they are finally gone. Thank you to all here, I have gained great strength from your postings. Keep fighting. We are stronger than they are. We can win.

2. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 16:44:36
    #

Login to Send PM

This needs to be in the success stories so everyone will read it.How do they get There?Is it something we do or does the owner of the forum put them there?

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 20:30:36
    #

Login to Send PM

lagayle59,
    Do you want me to move this to success stories now? Or do you want to update us in a month when you hopefully feel comfortable to reunite with your dogs?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. lagayle59

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 22:43:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you nobugsonme, but I cannot consider it a total success until I know that my car is bug free and I can resume a somewhat normal life again. As of now, my car is questionable, albeit I have not had a bite there the last two times I have been in it. As you know, there may be eggs there that I am not sure is affected by the Nuvan. When the time is right and not premature, I will let you know and be glad to go step by step my efforts. No heroics here. Just steam, insecticides (which did very little good), Cimexa, vacuuming almost daily most of the time, showering 3-4 times a day so as not to carry them around with me, etc. my poor skin is beyond dry now. And yes, I did get a positive ID from someone that had a PC business prior to their retirement. Up until now, I have been pretty despondent and not fit to really respond much here. For that I am sorry.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 22:56:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought it sounded like you'd want to wait.

Don't overdo it with the Cimexa.

Too many showers can dry your skin out and make it itch (trust me).

Hang tight and consider using monitors if you haven't yet, to monitor whether they're gone. It sounds hopeful to me.

6. lagayle59

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 23:48:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you again, and I do have monitors, climb ups, on my beds. My mattresses and box springs are also encased. Can I overdo the Cimexa? I know not to put it down to heavily so the bugs do not detect it, but other than that, can I use too much? I mostly brushed it down except under my sofa cushions after I opened it back up to keep from a recurring infestation there. I did puff it down because it seems to just go away under the cushions.

7. lagayle59

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jun 12 2017 23:52:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had none in my climb ups in the last 11 days. But not sure I trust anything totally against these bugs. Oh yea, my skin is extremely dry but I must shower a lot so I know I am not carrying them around. I moisturize quite a bit, but for now I am crinkled!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,460 posts in 41,314 topics over 126 months by 18,100 of 18,520 members. Latest: kellykline, canadaday, Chibenny1980