line of three bites, but no other bug signs? please help

(6 posts)
  1. zebrasweater

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Sep 23 2009 0:25:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone, please give me the benefit of your knowledge!!!

I've recently found two lines of three bites on my inner arm, connected so they make a T-shape.. they didn't itch at all, but seemed a bit inflamed a few days ago. I mentioned it to my room mate who said she had also had a line of three bites on the back of her leg a week or so ago. Image is here: bites

Showed the bites to a friend of mine who was sure they were bed bug bites.. being me I then freaked out and checked mattress and box spring, but can't see any blood stains, fecal spots, or other signs... the only strange thing is two small perfectly round brown stains on one pillow, about quarter inch in diameter... they were very hard and did not break down with scratching, only with washing on hot cycle. Do these sound like fecal stains? Image is here: stains

Our landlord has said he will not treat without evidence, but I am worried things might get worse quickly if we don't confirm whether or not it is bedbugs. So if there is any chance, or anything else we could do, I would love to know, so we can work on beating them!! Honestly it's driving me crazy already...

Any help you can give would be very much appreciated!!

2. nycbugz

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Sep 23 2009 6:35:43
    #

Login to Send PM

It looks like it's probably bed bugs. I had identical bites to the photo you sent. I was getting a few bites a night for 3-4 months before I realized they were bed bugs. They won't necessarily bed in or on your bed - they could be in your floor boards, under your nightstand, on your window, in your curtains...

Don't do anything more yourself - tell your landlord that it was confirmed that they are bedbugs and you need an exterminator ASAP. He should do the whole building if he cares about his property.

Make sure to read on here about how to keep the bugs away after the extermination. Good luck!

3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Sep 23 2009 10:25:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Zebra: People react to BB in different ways and take varying lengths of time to do so. A single BB or a small infestation is relatively hard to find. You appear to have been bitten, but it's unclear by what, where or when. Before you "cry BB" to your LL, be watchful for more bites and activity, while educating yourself. Those stains do look troubling and are worth inspecting. Please don't panic. Welcome.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  4. zebrasweater

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Sep 28 2009 23:03:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your kind words, guys. I feel a little bit calmer.

Unfortunately, I have another line of three bites, this time in my armpit, and these are very sore and painful (although still not itchy). It's maddening though as I've taken my mattress, box spring, and bed frame to bits and examined/vacuumed everywhere in my room I can think of (inside dresser, behind bed, in closet, around edges of carpet, etc). The only place I can't get to is between the carpet and wall, where there is a place where the wall actually is loose and moves around (it's just chipboard, I think!). Is this a likely hiding spot? I've placed double sided tape around it in the hope of catching something. My landlord refuses to react until I've found a bug.

I had my bites checked at the doctor's, but she couldn't confirm what they were. I did find and kill a mosquito in my bedroom last night, but do they usually bite in clusters?

Thanks so much for all your help with my qs!!

5. Hmazzz

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 19 2009 9:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I am having the same problem, bites like crazy but absolutely no sign of bedbugs. I had a raw wood platform bed, the perfect nesting place to bed bugs from what I understand. I tore it apart yesterday, we took a flashlight, checked ever seam, not a hint. I have also looked into my electrical sockets, ....examined the wall board. And I had a dog come and the dog sniffed otu bed bugs, Btu I can find so symptoms on any places this dog reacted to.

I think I have mites. I feel like things are swarming over me. IT sounds like the kind someone on here called "moving Dandruff" I have a cat occasionally she scratches like she has fleas but she does not have fleas. So Im taking her to the vet. Ill keep you posted. I also dont think that bedbugs bite in armpits but in easy to get to places.

6. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 19 2009 10:00:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Walking dandruff is caused by a tiny mite...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheyletiella

Jim

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

201,785 posts in 31,270 topics over 95 months by 13,528 of 14,303 members. Latest: scaredofbedbugs520, HALP2k14, Camoo