Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Less expensive but equally effective alternatives to ZappBug Room heater?

(5 posts)
  1. demonbugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Apr 7 2017 22:27:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone know of any less expensive alternatives to the ZappBug Room heater that are EQUALLY as effective?? $1,500 is crazy hard for us to come by and as we are waiting to save money for one, our infestation is getting worse!!!!

2. Scaredtodeath6324

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Apr 7 2017 22:36:14
    #

Login to Send PM

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Apr 7 2017 22:37:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Why do you think you need something that big? That's not something A person buys to combat a bed bug problem. It's more for businesses.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Apr 8 2017 1:42:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi-- you posted this topic three times in different categories. I merged the two with responses here and deleted the third. I can see why you would do that but as you probably have seen now the result is three identical threads in a row, so not likely to help. Most people seem to view "latest discussions" so are likely to see it either way, and "tools" seemed like the best category to stick with so I did that.

Welcome to the forums!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Apr 11 2017 6:13:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

In a home setting there are many things I would do that are cheaper than $1500 which would be more effective than this.

The reality is that bed bugs are hard work to get rid of, you either have to pay for those services or put in the "sweat equity" yourself. Professional services vary in price and quality but there are also a lot of methods discussed in the FAQ's and useful tools which are more cost effective.

I have never been a fan or large heat chambers as almost universally they have failed to learn the lessons from the units people tried in the 90's and early 00's. I get offered units all the time but often a look at the images on them being used is all I need to work out they don't actually understand thermodynamics in enclosed spaces.

If you looking to invest that kind of money I would suggest spending that time on education and understanding so you can start to tackle things correctly.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,408 posts in 44,515 topics over 136 months by 19,518 of 20,198 members. Latest: Amy2018, sleeplessinthebay, Bugsareicky