1. Beth

account closed

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 3 2010 17:38:00
    #

Login to Send PM

so I found on the floor today something that looks exactly like this:

http://www.icb.usp.br/~marcelcp/Imagens/sifo9.jpg

which is flea larvae. do bed bugs have similar larvae? it's white with a little black on the head.

I haven't seen a bed bug since the last spray but my ankles and waist are getting eaten alive from the floors it seems and yes a fecal stain. my dog itches but she is on frontline. could fleas have been in the floors here when we moved in I wonder.

thanks-
    amy

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 3 2010 17:59:12
    #

Login to Send PM

No. Look in the FAQs http://bedbugger.com/2006/10/22/faq-what-are-bed-bugs-do-i-have-them-what-else-could-be-causing-this/

Those are great pics of the stages.

They start as translucent, itty bitty vesions and molt as they grow.

Jim

3. Beth

account closed

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 3 2010 19:32:06
    #

Login to Send PM

thank you . yes, no, this was nothing like that. it was exactly like the flea larvae. my bites are all around my stomach an waist and much itchier than my last apt. where I had bed bugs. maybe i have both!omg, wouldn't that be a trip.haven't found a bed bug or skin since last spray though so.

the fleas are hungry lil' jerks. but why would my dog still be itching with frontline?

I imagine this is why my efforts haven't totall worked. time to read up on getting rid of fleas.

thanks spidey-
    amy

4. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 3 2010 19:44:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Amy,

A few good flea tricks are:

Swap your dogs flea treatment every two or three applications to make sure they don't get resistant.

Plug in flea traps can be an effective solution and can add to the effectiveness of a chemical treatment if that is a suitable path for you to follow.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

5. Beth

account closed

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Mar 4 2010 18:25:01
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks David. I'll research the plug ins. I guess I' staying here till I see evidence of bed bugs. I have seen fecal stain, but this can be fleas too, right? I've seen no eggs, moltings or bed bugs in the interceptors or anything, not even one on the bedframe when I inspected it. When I tore apart my chair cushions all I found was flea dirt. I'm just going to vacuum and put treatment on my dog for the fleas. I'm taking a chemical break.

here's a question though. Can flea bites be bigger than bed bug ones? Because when I moved here automatically my bites became 2-3 times bigger and much more itchy. They don't have a noticeable red dot in the center, but they are pretty swollen.

I have thrown out so much stuff. Maybe I didn't need to. Well, the severe spring cleaning was kind of needed anyhow. The fleas are in my truck again since my dog was in there. I've never had fleas this bad. much more creepy crawly feeling than bed bugs, actually less sleep than bed bugs if indeed the bed bugs are gone.

I wonder if fleas also feed at dawn.

thanks-
    Amy

6. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Mar 4 2010 19:34:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Beth,

I would suggest you do a wikipedia and google on flea to look at the droppings and compare to what you have seen.

Insect bites are too variable to use as a diagnostic and that all I can say on bites, bed bugs or fleas (see FAQ's here for more detail).

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.