(5 posts)
  1. Bugsadness

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu Sep 28 2017 12:54:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I feel a bit defeated and unsure of where to go from here. We got treated at the beginning of July and have remained vigilant: our passive monitors are clear, as are our inspections, we're pretty sure we've been bite free. We had just started to unpack. However, we found a live nymph yesterday in a room we barely use (our baby's room--her clothes are still bagged, we only go in there to change her, she sleeps in our bedroom in a pack and play). Our passive monitors remain clear, and we're not noticing bites.

The baby's room, since treatment, has had a number of dead bugs show up in it as a result of treatment: first, a few bed bugs, then as time went on no more bed bugs, but there were cockroach nymphs (though we do not have a cockroach problem, I've been vigilant about a clean kitchen & have seen no signs) and a weird number of ticks (like 5 or 6!). This, plus the passive monitors' continuing to be clear, makes me think that it's at least reasonable to ask the landlord to look at other units. I've suggested this to him, calmly. He will not.

We're not getting eaten alive. I know I can get the PMP/PCO to come back again to our place, and we've already gone back to living out of bags, but it seems like it will be only a matter of time until we're reinfested by the damnable building.

What do I do?

Is there a way to get out safely? I don't think, in my cursory internet search, that there are vikane/moving truck options where I am (in Lincoln, NE).

2. Bugsadness

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Thu Sep 28 2017 13:00:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Even just some support would be helpful. I keep reminding myself that this is temporary, that I'll be able to move on eventually, that this is a season in my life and not my whole life.

3. destroyallbedbugs

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 29 2017 2:00:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope things get better for you. I am going through pretty bad anxiety over these bugs myself, and have already spent about $1400 getting rid of them. Having a landlord that won't help you check the other apartments will likely result in them coming back, but you can put down a barrier of either DE or Cimexa in your child's room in the meantime. Try to make it so the bed bugs will have to walk through the stuff to get to your apartment, and as a result will die between the next few days and a few weeks (both very good products, although I hear Cimexa is much better and stronger). The landlord will end up spending more money in the long run if they don't be proactive about this. It seems like you are in the position to either have to break your lease, or risk being infested again. You could also try to block all the cracks and crevices in the room you are finding the bugs. Hopefully, you don't find anymore and things work out for you. I pray for you.

4. destroyallbedbugs

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 29 2017 3:07:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I am by all means no expert. I am just giving a little advice, which should be verified by the experts on this forum.

5. Bugsadness

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 7 2017 14:56:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, destroyallbb,

we did put Cimexa down, which has helped, and the PCO came and sprayed again on Monday. I bought airtight plastic bins to put clothes in, which has helped, for some reason, improve my mood. Feels less contingent than living out of the Ziplocs. Our passive monitors are clear and we're not getting bitten, either, which is helping me not feel like everything is infested. I just looked in the room where they keep cropping up and found another dead nymph, which didn't look like it had recently eaten.

Slowly but surely we're doing what we can: looking for a new place, not using the baby's room (where we keep finding nymphs). It's all we can do right now. How about you? How's the battle coming?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd