Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

knew they weren't gone! aarg!

(15 posts)
  1. bugobsessed

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 0:44:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey folks, latest update. I found two 1st stage nymphs today... ON MY BED! I suppose I must have done something wrong in the bed isolation. Maybe I missed a few eggs on the frame or something. Whatever. Tiny little f-ers were there. I found one this morning. It had eaten and was lumbering around like a red piece of lint on my white sheets. Rolled up the sheets and washed and dried on hot. Went to put the laundry away, and lo and behold-- another little nymphy (this one un-fed) crawling around on the mattress cover. Barely visible. It looked like a piece of moving sand. Called the landlord. PCO will be visiting again this week. *sigh* I guess I must start counting all over again. It had been 14 days of bugless bliss. Not without suspicions of course, but still...

Now, I wonder how many little nymphys are creeping around my thick-headed upstairs neighbor's place. Just thinking about it makes me itch.

2. goawaybugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 1:36:05
    #

Login to Send PM

So sorry to hear that! I can't remember how many treatments you've had, but such early nymphlets are encouraging that maybe these are the few remaining eggs, and not anything new from your neighbor. Not sure how they made it to your isolated bed, but at least you got one before it fed!

3. bugobsessed

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 2:01:26
    #

Login to Send PM

We've had four treatments so far. This will be #5. And, yeah, I'm pretty sure they're not from my neighbor, since I've sealed up all the cracks (that I know of). I let my cats on the bed this morning because I knew I was going to change the sheets, so that's where I thought the first one came from. I've been suspicious of my couch where they usually sleep, so I thought it must have been a hitchhiker. But imagine my surprise when I found a new hungry one crawling on the mattress a good 10 hours later after I had removed the sheets and mattress pad and the bedroom had been sealed off from both people and cats. Leads me to believe they were newly hatched from eggs on the frame or something. Well, at least I caught them-- thank goodness for 20/20 vision!

4. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 2:07:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry.

But I am also very impressed with your eyesight and I'm so glad you found them, because it's better to know than to wonder.

You just have to keep at it.

5. bugobsessed

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 2:24:30
    #

Login to Send PM

lol! My husband said the same thing. I showed him the nymph and he looked at it very closely in the bag. Then turned to me and said, "how in the hell did you see that?"

I also said in return, "well at least now we know, don't we."

6. NotSoSnug

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 2:25:05
    #

Login to Send PM

bugobsessed: "It looked like a piece of moving sand"

Poetic! Much better than my "squashed sesame seed" description. Besides how do you describe something as small as a newborne BB. Virtually invisible except in rare circumstances? Sheesh!

7. currentinsomniac

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 19:34:28
    #

Login to Send PM

bugobsessed - how long do you figure you had BBs before you started getting treatment?

8. bugobsessed

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Dec 2 2007 19:43:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm really not sure when I started getting bitten, because at first I thought it was a rash on my hand and I didn't pay it much attention. I think it was probably the first or second week in September when it started. We discovered them the last week in October and were first treated the first week in November. So, I guess we had them for 6-7 weeks prior to identification and 7-8 weeks prior to treatment.

9. buggedmama

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Dec 3 2007 16:59:29
    #

Login to Send PM

You're post has inspired me to get up of my butt and go check my sheets that haven't been washed in 3 days for lack of laundry money. Time to get some off the credit card. (sigh)

10. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Dec 3 2007 17:21:28
    #

Login to Send PM

bugobsessed,
    Have you seen any other signs like the poop marks?

11. bugobsessed

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Dec 3 2007 23:07:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi lieutenantdan, Nope. No poop marks.

12. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 4 2007 11:38:11
    #

Login to Send PM

bugobsessed, please see my new post called

Info of my experience to pass on.

13. angie

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Dec 13 2007 14:24:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I just want to talk about what I found last night and I figured this to be the best thread. If not, oh well at least I can get it off my chest. I decided to go on the hunt with my flashlight and digital camera and I was grossed out by what I found. I took at least 12 pictures of different bugs and cast skin on my ceiling. I have numerous dead, squished one and smeared blood which I left for non-believers to see and yes, for the same reason, I left the bugs too. Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well last night. I walked around all night and checking to make sure the bugs didn't move. None of them went out to eat and yes, they are alive and they look well fed and cared for. I also took pix of the numerous fecal areas on the walls and the wholes the PCO drilled in my ceiling in the bedroom so they could put powder. This is driving me nuts!!! Stalking them at night in the dark armed only with my flashlight. I just need to be able to sleep as this morning, my kids were late for school cuz mommy didn't hear the alarm. I'm just gathering info and evidence so I am prepared for the battle. I'm hoping this will prove to the exterminator that we are still having a problem and they won't tell me they can't do anything. Maybe they will be able to help me now. Maybe the landlord will forgive my lack of rent money for the past two months cuz of the added effort put into these f***ing bugs. Maybe I will be able to get out and live normal again. Maybe, maybe, maybe someday!!

14. angie

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Dec 14 2007 12:37:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Just got off the phone with the PCO and they are going to come see if they can help me in someway. I have bb's on the corners off my ceiling and they haven't been able to spray there. Now that's where I am finding them and I am at my wits end. I broke down on the phone with her and let me tell you that I hide my emotions very well. I can't take this anymore and I want out so bad but I can't afford it now. I left my bedbugs on the ceiling the other night to moniter them and today, I noticed that 2 of them have molted and I found more skin that I didn't see wednesday nite and I found two bb's in the bathroom and two in my daughters closet with a bunch of cast skin. I am angry that people expect us to live like this and its only a problem if its a problem for them and what about my kids? Why should they live like this? Ya i'm poor but I'm not stupid and I deserve a place where we can sleep in peace and not fearing the bugs!!! Thanks for letting me vent!

15. itchyincharmcity

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Dec 14 2007 17:44:49
    #

Login to Send PM

angie, I believe you posted in another thread that your PCO said he can't spray the ceiling "for gravity reasons?" That sounds a bit ridiculous to me, gravity did not prevent me from spraying bug spray on my ceiling. Are the law of physics different where you live?

I kid, but FYI, I had bugs harboring at the ceiling-wall juncture and my PCO said he would definitely spray up as well as down.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,669 posts in 44,817 topics over 137 months by 19,671 of 20,376 members. Latest: Tashagene, KH14, Buggedout123