Kleen Free where to buy

(8 posts)
  1. TorontoBugged

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Aug 29 2007 14:59:39
    #

Login to Send PM

hi All,
    Where did you all buy your Kleen Free from and how much of it do you use/go through? I think I really need something to treat my fabric covered computer chair and computer desk.

2. TorontoBugged

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Aug 29 2007 15:05:31
    #

Login to Send PM

This is the MSDS info on Kleen-Free. http://www.biconet.com/kkec/kkecMSDS.html
    Also has anyone felt sinus or skin irritation? Some people posted that they put this in their laundry. Is that advisable. Does it help?

SECTION VI-HEALTH HAZARD DATA
    ROUTES OF ENTRY: INHALATION, SKIN, INGESTION
    HEALTH HAZARDS: MILD DIARRHEA (INGESTED), MILD SINUS IRRITATION (INHALED)
    CARCINOGENICITY: NTP N/A IABC MONOGRAPHS N/A
    OSHA REGULATED: NO
    EMERGENCY AND FIRST AID PROCEDURES: RINSE AREAS EXPOSED WITH WATER

SECTION VII-PRECAUTIONS FOR SAFE HANDLING AND USE
    STEPS TO BE TAKEN IN CASE MATERIAL IS SPILLED: RINSE SPILL WITH WATER IF DESIRED.
    WASTE DISPOSAL METHOD: FLUSH WITH WATER INTO ANY SEWAGE SYSTEM.
    PRECAUTIONS IN HANDLING AND STORING: MAY INDUCE MILD RUSTING OF STEEL CONTAINERS.
    OTHER PRECAUTIONS: NONE.

3. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Aug 29 2007 15:59:50
    #

Login to Send PM

KleenFree.... I bought mine from licescabiesandbedbugs.com

4. goingbuggy

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Aug 29 2007 21:35:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Kleenfree is from Natural Ginesis and now is new and improved and called Kleen Green Naturally. I think there were too many other companies marketing their product under the Kleen free name so it is confusing when you do a search for Kleen free. Lice squad is listed for Canadian customers.

As for any reaction..I am highly allergic and have had sinus surgery. I also take Claritin-D and use nasal spray as a preventitive measure for sinus infections. Kleen free has never bothered me although I have never bathed in it. I have sprayed it on my mattress. The original Kleenfree had a vinegar smell but the Kleengreen version does not have any smell. I have sprayed it on ants and a fly in my house and it DID knock them out.

This company also offers a CM-powergard dust as an alternative to DE which I have never heard of before. It is supposed to have limestone in it and be effective in killing bugs. I wonder if anyone has tried it as it is new????

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Aug 29 2007 22:11:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I have not heard of anyone getting sick from kleen free/kleen green.

Perhaps inhalation refers to an activity different from normal breathing after normal use of product? (I mean since the other caution, against ingestion, also relates to an abnormal use of product!)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. TorontoBugged

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Aug 29 2007 23:06:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm always a little wary when a company changes the name of it's product. I wonder perhaps if the old Kleen Free Naturally formula has changed when they renamed it Kleen Green Naturally?

I still see both versions out there for sale.

I just want to make sure that they haven't changed the ingredients so that the newer version is not as effective on bed bugs as the older version.

Has someone confirmed this already or had a chance to test the newer version called Kleen Green Naturally out on some bb on this forum?

Kleen Green is $129.95 Canadian on the licesquad website. Kleen Free Naturally is being sold for $75 US. I don't understand why there's always such a big markup when Canada is involved. Our dollar is close to par with the US dollar. :\

7. buggedinbrooklyn

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 30 2007 14:08:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I think it has to do with imported producs and possable taxes that Canada imposes, as for the price differance.

as for the smell, or INHALATION, KleenFree does have a light vinegar like smell...it is far less harsh the supend like products that we might use as a residual killer.
    while it does have a smell, let me just say it is far nicer then any other chemical you will use to kill bedbugs.

I have sprawed it on my beds, clothes, shoes, and myself, with no harm to anything.
    it drys fast, and leaves no stains on anything.
    and unless you use a huge amount at one time, you'll never notice a smell...
    at least to me, the smell was plesant.

buggedinbrooklyn

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 30 2007 15:00:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Toronto,

The US site sells both Kleen Green Naturally and the "classic" Kleen free. They claim the smell has improved but I assume the new product works as well.

In addition, I note that they have a wide variety of sizes and concentrations available. Perhaps that,along with exchange rate/taxes, accounts for the variance.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.