Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Just got off the phone and ...

(45 posts)
  1. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 17 2008 12:57:28
    #

Login to Send PM

The maintenance guy stopped by today to put the trim and outlet covers back on for us 6 days after treatment. I told him that I had them on Friday after we got back in after the treatment. I said that I do daycare and I needed it to be safe for my kids. They are going to come in tomorrow a.m. and put finishing screws in them. WHAT??? What about my next treatment? Oh, didn't know you were getting another one. So I called the PCO and she's like oh, didn't know we were treating you again. WHAT??? She said she will call LL and if they okay will schedule another treatment for 2-3 weeks after 1st treatment. I told her that the eggs that I have (actually found LOTS!!!) will be hatching and they need to be killed. Is everyone here f*ing stupid?? How can they call themselves the experts and not know that of course I will need more treatments?? This is driving me nuts!! I have made a deal with the LL to let us stay here and will pay past rent out of taxes but I am considering breaking my lease and saving my f*ing $ and getting a new place. The ignorance of people is why these bugs have such a resistance to anything that we do to eradicate them. I just wish that the LL would trade apartments with me for 2 weeks cuz I think that he would change his mind!! Just really a rant thread but anyone else who wants to rant, please feel free!!!

2. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 17 2008 13:26:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, I forgot to add other topics from the mouth of the "experts". I need to get beds and need to put all my clothes in bags (we live with a few outfits stored on clothes baskets) and I need to drain down my tank and pray that my fish don't die so I can move it out (even though the tech was able to get the trim down and spray behind it but couldn't do under the dresser but did inside and the outsides). She told me that I said that I would have all this stuff pulled out away from the walls and that all my laundry was ready and gosh, the list goes on and on... Just can't help thinking about this cuz I have to be the on who lives here and I'm the one who walks around all day and night with one eye on the walls and ceiling for the bugs and watching the clothes my kids are getting out for bugs to fall out and I'm the one who has to vaccum 3 times a day and I'm the one who has to completely empty my apartment for these treatments and I'm the one who tries to make sure that everything is clean and scrubbed and washed and off the floor. And I'm the one who has to get all the bedding down at night so my kids can have a soft place to sleep and make sure that it is shaken out and folded and put back on my freezer so I can try not to get bugs in the "beds". They just don't understand what it is like. Here everyone knows what its like. I just want to be able to crawl into a soft bed and go to sleep without worry and I just want to tuck my kids in and know that they will sleep restfully and to be able to just not have to work so hard and maybe be able to relax and have a little fun with my girls!! Ya, so I have depression issues, but you all listen so well. Thanks!!

3. Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jan 18 2008 1:18:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Angie, if all the affected units are being treated, then you stand a good chance. The landlord must be taking this seriously now, yes? It may take time because of the seriousness of the infestation. It must be very difficult indeed. You are a very strong person.

Hang in there.

4. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jan 18 2008 15:47:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I talked to the PCO again today and asked about the two other known infested apartments and was told that no they were not treated again. The one next to me "didn't find any" and the one below me hasn't been inspected since it was vacated. I was also told that no one is doing there part in making sure that the protocalls are met. IE...bagging, washing blah, blah,blah. Including me!!!! sure that is why I live out of baskets and have no furniture and sitting and sleeping on the floor. Which is vaccumed 3+times a day. So I was told once again (in a matter of speaking) that I am not doing my best. You want to know what I think but of course will never tell the PCO...F-you! I am tired of living like this and getting blamed for the continuing infestation and for not"doing my part>" I have sacrificed so much in the 7 months that I have lived here that I have nothing else to loose. Sorry, depression starting to set in. She also was kinda upset that the tv gal called her for info cuz the "last thing I need is a bunch of camera people in here snooping around" I told her that I did it to educate people on these bugs and I wish I had known about them before moving into this s**t hole! I have come to the conclusion that despite my best effort, I am going to start looking at new places. Its not like I have any thing to move but I can't live like this and my kids can't either. I am not as strong as I put out to be...I am only human!! As for as the seriousness by the LL...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!! He is only trying to save his a** and not have the building red tagged. Date for total control of bb's - January 26 2008. Do you think he'll make it? I don't as I am still killing them today (5)!

5. stamps

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jan 18 2008 18:10:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Angie --

I COMPLETELY empathize. 100%. I am moving as well.

My lovely landlord is too stubborn (too cheap?) to pay for more than one treatment and has let himself be convinced by the PCO (SHAME) that one treatment is all that is required.

I had to be pretty firm about it as the manager was unhappy that I was moving out and didn't give 30 days notice . . . but I cannot imagine how bad this problem will be in three months . . . my mental image is unspeakably horrific. I strongly believe that the building will be overrun.

I found a place that is pretty great and has all concrete walls and flooring which make me feel better should I accidentally transport a bug (fewer places to hide) and has a DISHWASHER, which is like the holy grail of amenities in the older neighborhoods of Denver. ha.

Anyway, don't stay a second longer than you have to if your landlord is being a jerk. Before I get yelled at, I don't advocate taking a move lightly, and even now I'm VERY concerned about exposing others to BBs despite being bite-free for 5 weeks. But I also don't advocate staying in a situation where you have little power to affect the outcome and have to live like a madwoman indefinitely. I know my last straw was having my bedroom ceiling leak for almost 3 weeks and nothing done about it -- not BB related at all, but enough to tell me "enough is enough!!"

I'm also of your same opinion where I literally have almost nothing left to lose. I've parted with most of my furniture (only bringing a dining set which was almost never sat in, an air mattress, clothes/toiletries, kitchen stuff, and electronics which have been Drione-d).

I don't know if you read any of my threads from a week or two ago but I'm one of the super lucky jackpot winners who got re-infested from a neighbor -- and that neighbor had a severe infestation and chose to set off bug bombs. I'm becoming more anxious as February 1st approaches, because I'm so afraid I'll see like 50 bedbugs coming toward me and get the sinking feeling that I'm taking bugs with me. I've had dreams that my current apartment had them pouring out of the showerhead -- UGH!!!!

You know what I have to keep telling myself? That people DO get rid of these all the time. Hopelessnomo is great about reminding people of this, and I think we all do need to be reminded from time to time.
    You and I are just some of the unlucky ones who've had our problems drag out over months. Sometimes when I'm feeling upset or frustrated I like to look through the old archives on the forums and click on unfamiliar names to see "last login date" -- people get rid of bedbugs all the time! There are tons of people who were plenty active here and haven't been around for ages. You and I will be in the same boat some day. And someone will be here on the forums clicking through old archives and click on "stamps" or "angie" and be like "HEY, I don't recognize this name -- Oh, it's because they haven't been on in 7 months -- they must have gotten rid of their problem! Hey, if they can, I can too!"

That right there is sometimes the only thing that gets me through the evenings.

6. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jan 18 2008 19:17:27
    #

Login to Send PM

You should be a motivation speaker as you have lifted my spirits for the first time today. Thank you for understanding, stamps and I, too, hope that someday we will be in the archives and not on the newest posts! I have a peaceful feeling about moving and I will make sure that when I move, I will get one more spray to catch any stow aways. Thanks again Stamps for your support!!

7. Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 19 2008 19:36:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, off with you two, soon hopefully!

Angie, you should bag your clothes. Not only is it the best thing to do with them to prevent any accidental transfer, especially with a largish population, but you should also do everything possible to not give the PCO and/or the landlord any excuses to discontinue your treatments or blame their failure on your lack of prep.

You don't need expensive ziploc bags. I used regular, clear plastic bags and they worked for me.

8. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jan 21 2008 20:50:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I made some phone calls today cuz I wanted to know if the apartment below me was inspected yet. Of course it wasn't so they sent the maintenance man over to pull off the trim and he tells me that he didn't see any. I was pissed and wanted to tell him to let me in there cuz I know what the hell I am looking for, they don't. They still haven't been sprayed and now I am starting to get them great big bb's that I can only assume are coming from downstairs cuz they are hungry. I have killed several over the last few days and they are not from my place cuz mine are not that big and any found are murdered. These are new. I called the county health department today and left a message for the guy who has been working on my case. Their dead line for this problem is fast approaching and if they can't get these under control, I will make sure that the LL suffers, too! Will call the PCO tomorrow and see if they set up an appt to get these other places sprayed. Just wanted to get the voices out of my head. Thanks!!

9. bugbasher

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jan 21 2008 21:13:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Angie, I'm so sorry,makes my problems with the laundry seem so silly.I hope you do find somewhere nice and spend your days and nights,of course,BB free forever. Good luck to you and yours.

10. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 23 2008 12:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I talked to the health inspector who is in charge of our case and he assured me that they are not done yet. THey are giving the PCO time to get their work done and they are having a meeting with the counties extension office and with the visiting nurses association soon. THey are informing the visiting nurses on the bugs and letting them know what they are and what they look like so they can offer help to the low income and the different ethnicities who may have no where else to turn for help. They also have put together a slide show to show to people in their classes using my pix and samples. I then called the PCO to be sure that they have appointments scheduled for the other apartments here that are infested. THey will be done on Friday along with mine. Although no evidence was found by the LL or their maintenance guys, the tenants who lived there before have told me personally that they had them. At least they are getting one spray before they move new tenants in. Feel sorry for the fools who move in there but will do my best to educate them as well. Without getting into trouble of course. I have been bagging and washing every article of cloth in my apartment and what we do not use or have not used in the past few weeks, is going to our garage. I will beat these bugs and I will win. Just takes time!!! The interview that I did with a local news program is scheduled for Sunday the 27th. Will be sure to send a link so you can see the story as well.

11. fightorflight

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 23 2008 22:25:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Stamps - I am very concerned about you moving and taking ANYTHING, I mean a single thing. I also live in CO and when I first left my apt I took a few things like important papers, eyeglasses, cell phone and the clothes on my back - all of which I had treated above and beyond what recommendations were. I stayed with a friend. As that week wore on, I got more and more nervous, for instance after I spoke to a sniffer dog company rep in NYC who told me categorically, "If you move, you WILL bring them." The next night is when I found them in the bed I was sleeping in at my friend's single family home in the suburbs. Statistically speaking, I have to assume I brought them, even though I certainly took less than you are taking. The next time I "moved," I took only a few objects (eyeglasses, ID, credit cards) which could all be boiled.

Yes, I was looking at a nice new loft apt with concrete floors, too, but - no offense - I'm not going to be too thrilled if you move in next door!

12. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jan 25 2008 17:30:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, the tv gal just called me and asked how we were doing. I told her that the other apartments got treated today along with mine. She said that that's funny cuz they all swore that the bb's were only in my apartment. She wished us luck as I told her that we were moving after we get our taxes back. She is a very nice person and she is genuine. She also wanted to remind me that my interview was Sunday. She said that the video will be on the website also and when I told her that I was going to link to here, she's like are they getting antsy? I said yes cuz not to many tv specials have been done on the bb's.

13. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 26 2008 12:21:20
    #

Login to Send PM

There seems to be an article up now, angie, but no video yet:
    http://bedbugger.com/2008/01/26/bed-bugs-in-lincoln-nebraska/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  14. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 27 2008 4:11:41
    #

Login to Send PM

You know, my kids are so excited to see mom on T.V. Every time they see a preview of Sundays news, they are like "Mom you're on T.V." My 6 year old said she seen only bb's crawling across the screen and got all excited!! Hopefully what I did will only benefit the public, not humiliate us!! I have got my fingers crossed!!

15. bugbasher

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 27 2008 12:02:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Angie, You're a brave and courageous person! There's nothing humiliating about having this problem.The ONLY thing I can see to be ashamed of is doing nothing about it.You have done a great service to your community by speaking up.I read the article and you should be proud,you really got things moving over there!Good for you!

16. Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 27 2008 17:22:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Congratulations, Angie. I think your speaking up will definitely help many other people in your city.

17. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 27 2008 17:33:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I am really nervous cuz I look like shit on the previews. I guess that is what 8 months of living with bedbugs will do to a person, though. I will be glad when this is all over so I can actually get some sleep. I am real tired of all the routines and the cleaning and would like to go to bed without having to first clean. A nice soft bed sounds good too! (In like 18 months!!)

18. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 27 2008 22:24:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I think it's great you spoke out, Angie.

19. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jan 28 2008 3:13:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, the interview went off without a hitch and the T.V. story turned out great!! I did have an issue with one of my daycare moms who decided to go all psycho on me. I am fine with that, I talked to a great friend after she left. I am hoping to get the interview up on the internet as soon as possible. Nobugs is going to help with that! Sorry so short but trying to type and drink a beer was a BIG mistake as th6e buttons are starting5 to stick. See wh6at I mean!!! Damn it!!!

20. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Jan 28 2008 16:04:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs, the video is now on the link on the front page under the story. Enjoy the show everyone!!

21. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2008 4:12:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Angie,
    I went to the station's website but they did not load footage of this story along with the article. Do you have a link for it?

22. fightorflight

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2008 11:54:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I see the link on the station website for the video and drag and drop it to the Play area, but my MacBook is not playing it... :o(

23. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2008 12:03:23
    #

Login to Send PM

If went to the blog and at the bottom of my story is a link to the news website. If you click on that there is a video on the side and you just have to click on that. That is how I watch it, in fact just 20 minutes ago.

24. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2008 12:15:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Forgot to tell you, story is Bed bugs in Lincoln, Nebraska posted on January 26, 2008.

25. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 29 2008 15:13:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I actually found it on the channels website. I emailed it to myself and then emailed it to nobugs so it can be shown to you. It was under videos on the bottom of the homepage. Then search and type in bed bugs. There it was!! So I shared it with myself!

26. pleasehelp

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2008 12:47:13
    #

Login to Send PM

For anybody who missed it... you can view Angie's TV spot here: http://www.ketv.com/news/15142346/detail.html (this link is also on the bedbugger blog, at the bottom of the Nebraska bb story). Great job, Angie... keep smiling & I know you'll keep us posted on your progress!

27. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2008 12:52:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I am glad that someone finally figured out how to put it here cuz I have been trying, but my computer knowledge sucks!! The people that I have been talking to that seen my interview say that it sounds like the bb's are only in my apartment. Not true but with the property manager standing right there and the news crew had specific instructions to not connect any of the other apartments. THey still say that the others were never infested and the bb' are only HERE!!! Please!!

28. Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2008 2:18:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Angie, I saw the video. Unfortunately I couldn't hear most of it where I was but I got the gist and saw you and thank you for your courage in speaking up because that helps all of us but especially people in your city who may think this cannot happen to them.

I hope things soon improve even more. If you keep getting treatments at a regular schedule you have a chance of beating this. That would be so wonderful. And you look fine in the video, remarkably calm for being in this situation!

29. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2008 19:30:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I just got off the phone with my neighbor who is also a dear friend. She called to inform me that the LL is doggin'on me. He proceeded to tell her all of my business. Telling her about my garnishment and that that was the reason that I quit my job and all my past bills and rentals and I think that that is total bullshit!!! He also told her that the other apartments were inspected and there are no bugs there. I told my friend that I will call the people myself and they can verify there are bugs. I am so pissed right now cuz I know that this is going to be a major issue after I move out. That I was the source of the bb's and they are going to stick me with the bill. I guess I had better start printing my photos and getting my witnesses lined up and make sure that my ass is covered so I don't take the fall for this. I will be calling the health department and the PCO and talk to the tech who has been with us since day one and I will make sure that this place doesn't forget who I am after I move. Sorry about the cussing but I am very upset!! It's not bad enough that I live like this with NOTHING and I am still killing bugs (7 today - full ones) but then to hear that they believe that this is only me? They really don't want to piss me off cuz I am tired of being screwed over. I have had enough!!! THanks for the vent!!! You are always there for me.

30. fightorflight

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2008 20:06:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Angie, I don't know if I read your earliest posts, so you may have answered this already but - do you have any speculative theories about where you got the bedbugs from? I am wondering because you've only been in your current apartment 8 months or something and didn't have a problem before that. The apartment below you is vacant which means those tenants moved out... within the last 8 months? You see where I'm going with this. Maybe the people below had bedbugs and were afraid to tell the landlord. Or maybe they told the landlord and he is being dishonest. Anyway, as everyone here knows, regardless of where the problem originated, in a multi-unit building, it is a whole-building problem.

None of this really helps you much, just makes your landlord look like a bit of a prick.

31. IveBeenBugged

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2008 23:47:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Angie I am so sorry you have to go through this. My LL also blames me as I was the last one to move in 7 months ago. The problem started about 2 months ago for both me and my neighbor. fightorflight came up with some good points but I want to add one more.

What if the tenants below had them and didn't care? Something similar to that is going on in my building one tenant couldn't care less and refuses to answer her door when they come to spray. After they leave she then (so far 2 times) comes out gets in her car and drives away.

I'm posting my own bitchy post about it right after this.

32. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2008 0:16:27
    #

Login to Send PM

When I moved in in June, we started getting bites but thought that they were from a old feather pillow we had..mites or something. We got rid of the pillow and the bites continued. Finally in July, we caught a strange looking bug and had the neighbor go online to I.D. Bed bugs!!! Told the LL and was told I don't have any. That's as far as that went. I called the PCO that does the roach spray monthly and set up inspection then treatment. 30 days another. By August we had thrown out all beds and in September the couch. I had talked to neighbors only to find out that they also were getting bites. Another treatment! They did the two apartments next to mine and the neighbor who I.D. for me all had bugs. The apart below refused any treatment at any time!! No roach or bed bug treatment at all. They moved in 2 weeks b4 me. The previous tenants in my apart had a very serious infestation of roaches and bb's. I had roach shit on the walls and doors and dead bugs in every possible place. Even the thermostat was full!! There were 13 people living in my 3 br apart and 7 were kids. I have an eye witness to the bb's as there were kids who came to sleep over and got bit bad and ended up walking home at 2:30 am. They threw away 11 beds as my neighbor friend watched them. It is one of the worst cases of any infestation I have ever known. I also talked to a gal on first floor who took the couches from my neighbor (against everyones advice) and she said that her boyfriend has a "rash" that will not go away and itches. I told her how to check for bb's as she believes she has them. Will help her tomorrow. It going to get real bad here and I am so glad that I am moving. All my stuff that I am taking is out in the sub zero temps and have been for several weeks. Except for the few electronics we have.

33. fightorflight

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2008 4:10:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, from what you say, I'm even more baffled as to how the landlord could try to pin the blame for this on you. Sounds like, as you say, he is just looking for a way to stick you with the bill.

34. IveBeenBugged

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2008 9:35:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Or possibly keep the security deposit (if there is one) and say you brought them in. I have feeling my LL will be trying this when my lease is up.

Glad I have neighbor that has already said that she will go to small claims court if I need her to and testify that she also has this problem and has been complaining as long as I have. That works both ways as her lease ends a month before mine and the LL has told us both he will not renew our leases as we are "troublemakers" and he wants us out.

35. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2008 11:02:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Doesn't that suck! Cuz you know that they are going to re-rent your apart and some sorry sap is then going to be plagued with the dreaded bed bug. That is why I am going to call the health inspector back and make sure that they don't move someone else in before it has been thoroughly inspected by someone who knows what the hell they are looking for. Oh by the way, it was 8 confirmed kills yesterday. I captured one last night (10:30) and he was crawling up the kitchen wall and no, it was not a cockroach! And boy did it stink cuz I fried his ass and threw him into the toilet!! Hence the nasty smell of the bb!!! I don't care about the deposit, they can keep it! I will be seeing them in court someday and I will get my just rewards. My kids are starting to get upset cuz they want to sleep on a bed and they want to have their toys and they want to be normal. That is the reason that I fight so hard, is because I have 4 girls who depend on me to keep them safe and right now I don't feel that any of us are safe. I know they don't cause disease but the stress is just as bad for my kids as it is for me!! Someday this will all be over and we will wake up from this nightmare!

36. Bugless

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2008 12:47:03
    #

Login to Send PM

IveBeenBugged says, ". . . the LL has told us both he will not renew our leases as we are 'troublemakers' and he wants us out."

Years ago leases for residential proporty were unknown. It was always a straight rental, and a renter could not be thrown out except for reasons specified by law.

Under the present lease system, a renter has no security. He could be thrown out at the end of the lease on the whim of the landlord. That's a hell of a way to have to live. I person should feel secure in his home.

Leasing of residential property should be against the law.

IveBeenBugged, you could consider taking the LL to small claims court. In employment, a person can sue for unjust dismissal (fired for no good reason). Maybe you can make it work for leased residential property.

37. IveBeenBugged

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2008 12:56:53
    #

Login to Send PM

To be honest unless the LL and the one tenant who will not let them spray change their attitude about the bed bugs I don't want to renew my lease. I'm looking into commodity fumigation in a u haul for my stuff. I really cannot afford it but if it keeps going the way it is I see no choice.

If he will not return either of our deposits I will them proceed to small claims court. I have until June 1st to save every penny I can to get this done.

I'm still bothered that he thinks we are "troublemakers" for asking him to help with this. Yes it's his building but we have to live here if it was his home and wife and child being bitten I'm sure things would be handled a lot differently than they have been.

38. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2008 13:02:58
    #

Login to Send PM

IveBeenBugged,
    So sorry you are dealing with that.

39. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2008 17:23:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I did talk to the health dept today and wanted to update them that we were moving. I also told him about the lies the LL has been saying about inspecting the other units (by the PCO) and he told me that the housing safety inspectors have been wanting to get in here to check on the status of the bugs. I told him of the now 9 that I have killed in 2 days and he is very concerned. He told me to check the apart downstairs and have her call him ASAP and they will get on it. He also wants to talk to her anyway cuz I told him that she said that her stove caught fire 2 times and there are roaches IN her fridge and the LL refuses to take care of them for her. He doesn't want to throw away a new fridge and didn't see any problems with the stove. He also wanted to know the name of the PCO who has been doing our treatments and will be talking to him about the other apartments. I am quite impressed with the fact that they are taking this case seriously and are not going to let the LL forget about his obligations after my family has moved on. They will be coming next week and will be stopping here first. The LL is in for a rude awakening and I want to be the bb on his wall to hear what he has to say after the health and housing inspectors get done with him. Cocky, arrogant bas***d!!!

40. Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Feb 1 2008 17:58:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Your persistence is great, Angie. I'm glad you called the health department and it does sound like they intend to follow-up.

41. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 2 2008 13:41:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I did go and help the gal downstairs search her apartment and found a few cast skins on the couch. But these could be from when the couch was upstairs at my neighbors too. I then pulled the trim back behind where the couch was and found tons of white specks. They didn't exactly look like my nest that I found in my place and I wish I could have gotten a better pix of them for verification. She came up to my place later and asked me to help her pull the couches out to the trash. Her boyfriend didn't want them if there was even a remote chance of them having bb's. I will have the health inspector check out the white spots when they come (well have her tell them when she calls them on Monday). I think they will be able to identify them. I also checked her bed and didn't wee any but she said they get bit when sitting on the couch. I hope for her sake that she doesn't have bb's. She did tell me that when they got the couch that she found a live bb and killed it so it is possible that there were more in there that got away. Crazy sh*t!! At least I know I have them and don't have to do the waiting game for proof. Oh, my husband found a baby bb last night on the wall by the computer. It was a smaller version of an adult so I don't know what instar that is. Still a tad bit translucent on the outer edges. But if no one else has them, where did he come from? BB are a nasty cycle!

42. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Apr 3 2008 8:36:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I just wanted to update you all. I talked to the health department yesterday and he says he is still not been able to get in to inspect the apartment. He has been playing phone tag with the property manager and hoping to get in there soon along with the safety inspector. He says that he has heard that the carpet has been replaced and he believes they have scraped all the texture off the ceiling. If you remember that was where most of our bugs were living. I hope that they have gotten these bugs under control for the sake of the other tenants who reside there and for those who will be moving in. The inspector told me that he will in no way give the apartment complex an all clear as we all know, it is hard to know if they are for ever gone until the food source returns. He did also tell me that the PCO has been in (what he was told) several times and treated the infected apartments and is really anxious to see what has been done. We had a nice chat and he has been so helpful to my family and wishes all the best. I also informed him of my recent activities and told him that he will be receiving a phone call sometime. Cannot comment on that. Thanks for listening to me babble!

43. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Apr 12 2008 12:56:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, I didn't just get off the phone but a friend from our old apartment complex just stopped by. She talked to the property manager yesterday and was told that as of the 25th of April, all units are rented and the 2 buildings will be full. She also said that all she seen the crew doing was the cleaning and painting and the new carpet. I hope to God that they got rid of the bugs!! I would feel really sorry for the next un-knowing poor sap that moves into that hell. I am going to be calling the health dept on Monday and see if they have been able to get in there and let him know that they have re-rented all of the apartments. Sad thing is they never actually believed that the apartment below ours had bugs even though I had talked to the gal and confirmed that yes she had bedbugs. Its just a terrible situation all around and it is just going to keep the vicious circle spinning until its out of control. Will let you know if the health dept was able to inspect and their findings. Sorry about the long thread but I needed a place to do my venting!!

44. angie

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Apr 7 2009 10:37:45
    #

Login to Send PM

The only reason I brought this out of the archives is I had someone ask me about my story and I wanted the video out to help her. I did watch it AGAIN for the 100th time and the sound and story are all still there. Hopefully this will help some of the new comers and let them know that all is not lost and every one has melt downs. Thank you all for all the support in the past 2 years. Without you, I would never have made it through!!

45. cantstopscratching

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Apr 7 2009 13:10:53
    #

Login to Send PM

My heart goes out to you Angie. I found one nymph and nothing else and I've been losing sleep. (God, I hate lint!)

But, I'm also not happy with the exterminator the building management hired. They seem willing to retreat, but only make it mandatory if someone is getting bit. I told them that most people don't react to bites, and they said "someone in your family would be." Also, one of them put down his jacket in my apartment. What if I WAS infested-he could spread some to the next apartment? And, don't think I'm not worried that he didn't bring any into mine. Ugh!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,651 posts in 29,303 topics over 90 months by 12,639 of 19,887 members. Latest: djyang, usmc5054, bedbugsdontcome