just found another potential bed bug? please help ID! [a: ant gaster]

(3 posts)
  1. JHinKS

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 0:33:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Just found this in my bathroom, which is just off my bedroom. The first pic is less clear, but I wanted to take a pic next to something to show size. Please help!

bedbug3 by JKinKS, on Flickr

bedbug4 by JKinKS, on Flickr

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 6:11:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% nothing like a bed bug.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 7:28:43
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi,
    100% nothing like a bed bug.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Exactly. It is a gaster of an ant and there is one node visible at the front of it. The thorax and head are missing.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,674 posts in 42,198 topics over 127 months by 18,524 of 19,017 members. Latest: Tglock, Rae13, Buggybuggy335