Its racking my brain. I am losing it.

(4 posts)
  1. Kalarr

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 10:00:42
    #

Login to Send PM

So, yesterday I officially found out that I had bedbugs. I tried going to sleep last night and I couldn't, its easier to sleep when you don't know if you have them rather than when you know you have them for sure.

The inspector caught only 2 yesterday after looking really hard, so i'm hoping this is very early on. Still, i'm really worried that it may be bigger than what i'm expecting.

I've never had these things before so now I really don't know how to react... I was gonna start working out again, fixing my sleep schedule, but since I got bites i've been too discouraged to work out and while i'm not sleeping comfortably I was still able to sleep. Now that I know I have them for sure, for the first night I couldn't.

Idk, I'm just thinking about putting all my clothes in plastic bags, taking my laptop and PS4 and getting the fuck out of here. At least I know that way they won't follow me...

2. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 10:46:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Before bagging your clothes, I would wash then with laundry detergent and HOT water, then dry them on HIGH heat for an hour (I do 2 hours just to be sure), and when the dryer is done, directly in to a big black trash bag, tied tight. Then, you'll know your clothes are clean. Also, put the bed sheets into the washer and dryer, also hot and high, and bag them. Same with blankets. Things that can't be laundered should be placed in bags, and marked dirty. Keep the 'clean' bags in a sep area (I kept mine in the kitchen, and all dirty bags in the room that was affected).

Get some Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth. Home Depot, Lowes, all those stores, have 4lb bags of Safer Brand (child/pet safe, just don't apply to skin directly and wear a mask or tie something around your face during application- its dusty) for about $10. Vacuum everything really good, being extra careful to get their hiding spots, and get the vacuum bag out of the vacuum, tied up, and to an outside bin as soon as you're done. Then sprinkle the Diatomaceous Earth around the bed, corners and walls, cracks and crevices...

You said you wanna take your PS4- which tells me you likely have a chair you frequent? Be sure to vacuum and sprinkle that very well, too! If you're spending a decent amount of time playing, there's a good chance they have gone there too. (When we had our problem, I found some on my husbands xbox chair).

Good luck, and be sure to keep a regular 'put this in the dryer for an hour on high every morning when I get up and bag it' schedule. It will help to keep the bed safe. Get some climb up interceptors, or put Vaseline on bed legs, and encase your mattress, box spring, and pillows. Spray 91% isopropyl alcohol on your bed frame until it's dripping.... then make your bed an island that touches NOTHING! It will decrease the likelihood of Night bites. Oh! And put CLEAN, fresh from the dryer clothes on just before bed.

It gets better, I know it! Just hang in!!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. Tim m

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 12:31:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear you are going through this but you're not alone. I'm dealing with them again second time in six years. Did he happen to say what stage bed bugs he caught?

And yes sleeping is the worst part of this I'm fine all day I don't see any, light infestation but when night falls I go into full panic mode. I have been cleaning like a mad man looking high and low for them. I have to wait til the 18th for my heat treatment and it feels like it's 200 years away. I know you want to pack up and run but that won't fix the issue.

Did he say if he was coming back to check again or spray?

4. Kalarr

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 16:25:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Tim m - 3 hours ago  » 
    Sorry to hear you are going through this but you're not alone. I'm dealing with them again second time in six years. Did he happen to say what stage bed bugs he caught?
    And yes sleeping is the worst part of this I'm fine all day I don't see any, light infestation but when night falls I go into full panic mode. I have been cleaning like a mad man looking high and low for them. I have to wait til the 18th for my heat treatment and it feels like it's 200 years away. I know you want to pack up and run but that won't fix the issue.
    Did he say if he was coming back to check again or spray?

Yeah, he's coming by on Tuesday and he'll be treating the bedroom. I'm not sure how, but he will be treating it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234