Is this really my life?

(5 posts)
  1. BugBittenky

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 14:50:07
    #

Login to Send PM

We had bed bugs several years ago. We took in a couple and their son when they were being evicted and they brought them in our home. Being ignorant I don't know for months what was happening. Once I figured it out we were grotesquely infested. We had a few failed treatments. We took a few of our possesions covered in DE and put I storage for the winter and we took our few bags of clean clothes and left to stay with family. For about 9 months. I luckily had a decent job and saved and bought a new home and we started almost from scratch. We had finally replaced most belongings and were comfortable and forgot the hell. Then a friend came to visit who was infested and never told us and luckily a few weeks and knowing what to look for and we have them. We had one treatment and its only in my bed and couch. We have encased all beds and put them up on bowls of de. I fear them falling from ceiling to get me. I wake up every couple hours to check ceiling. DE laid in every room perimeter and around all furniture. I think we caught it early and will be able to defeat them this time. Just so low and depressed and scared to be alone for 5 minutes. Ugh.

2. IckIck

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 15:09:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Ugh. So sorry! It is a psychological trauma before, and it sounds like especially since you had to have such upheaval to rid yourselves of them last time. So good you are catching them early! I know there are so many success stories on this forum - you will get through this, hopefully easier than last time. Best of luck.

3. BugBittenky

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 16:22:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. It's a process of denial And acceptance....rage and fear all rolled up together. We shall overcome.

4. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 17:52:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Did you get professional treatment?

I don't know what the success rate is for isolation and DE but I would guess not terribly high

Bed bugs infestations usually require the services of a pro.

5. BugBittenky

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Sep 10 2017 21:16:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes we were treated by a professional also. He used heat in spots we saw evidence and he sprayed every single room of house. Even beds with no signs are up encased and traps on legs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,818 posts in 43,334 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78