(3 posts)
  1. BedbugDragon

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 0:30:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all. New to the site!

Discovered bedbugs last month. A few in the corner of the bedframe/box spring, some hanging out on the wall by my bed. Told the landlord immediately. Apartment is getting sprayed despite them being in only one bedroom and there have been no sightings anywhere other than the corner my bed is in. I haven't seen a live bug since the one that appeared to be dying in my box spring after the last treatment.... there is one spray treatment left, and we have been following all their instructions...(laundering clothes and bedding, etc etc).

Is there anything else I can do? Is this going to work or am I going to find them again? The other apartments have been looked at and mine is the only one that had a few bugs. Are there any good monitors that will help me keep an eye on things after the last treatment? Should I call a dog to sniff before the 30 day guarantee is up?

2. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 10:28:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi! Post treatment monitoring can be done easily and painlessly with passive monitors! It's a tiny little rectangle 'sticker' that you apply to the head of your bed, and is the perfect little home for any bed bugs that may find themselves in your home. The spot they like to live in is thin, forcing them to poop a little on a white card that surrounds it. When you see the poop dots, you carefully remove the monitor and ziplock bag it for your PCO. Here in the US, they are sold under the brand name of Packtite, and were created by Mr David Cane (one of the pros on this site)

You should check them out! Seems it's just what you're looking for!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
  3. BedbugDragon

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Sep 13 2017 12:34:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks! That's not a terrible idea. Unfortunately I have no headboard though. Can they be used in other places?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,050 posts in 42,686 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us