Is this going to work?

(8 posts)
  1. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 22:09:46
    #

Login to Send PM

So after reading a million stories and posts on this forum I see it's pretty much decided that if your PCO only uses one form of treatment, you'll be infested for life.

So mine used residual pesticide and pesticide powder in all electrical/light switch outlets. That's it. So does that ever work? Or should I be looking for a new PC company?

2. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 22:18:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I might call and ask why they didn't spray/powder anywhere else, if they offer heat treatments, or what the options are....

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
  3. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 22:20:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Let me add: treating those areas is a good idea, because bugs will enter and find harborage spots... but they'll also go elsewhere. I can't remember- did you encase the beds? And are all sleeping areas 'islands' in the room?

4. Myworstnightmare

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 23:02:18
    #

Login to Send PM

So you are saying they only treated the outlets? That doesn't sound right. Or they only used dust in the outlets? Which does sound right. But they would have treated all beds and furniture and baseboards in affected areas.

5. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 11:45:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry! I should have been more clear. He used the risidual spray in the whole house and then the dust inside the outlets.

I have no encased the mattresses because that's another $500+ that I just don't have right now. Lol.

The company does heat but that was $2500 and chemical only was $1500. And they also said if they do heat they will only do the bedrooms as they are not able to do my whole house.

6. Myworstnightmare

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 11:57:50
    #

Login to Send PM

My pco does not recommend encasements he wants to get them all not trap some. It's hard to make sure there are no tears for 18 months. Especially if there are kids and pets involved. It sounds like he did a standard treatment.

7. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 12:01:17
    #

Login to Send PM

There is no one way approach that is the end all be all. There are many types of treatment option and what may be good for one, may not be good for another. Let the treatment process play out and see where you stand when it's all said and done.

That being said - Yes, a multi level approach (mix of different options and techniques) tends to provide the best/quickest results. But that doesn't mean what was done for you will not work.

Good luck! Stay positive

8. stylinmama21

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 22:52:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks killer queen! I guess I'm just one of the paranoid impatient people. Who here isn't I suppose? 😂 I just really want it to work! Of course. Lol.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,050 posts in 42,686 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us