Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Is this an early infestation?

(7 posts)
  1. jessK

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 19:24:38
    #

Login to Send PM

This all started three weeks ago. One random morning I started to get mosquito like light red marks on my back. Before then I had gotten pimple like marks on my legs that itches and went away within a week on my legs. For the past 3 weeks I have been getting random light red non itchy raised like bites/ spots on my body. They have only been appearing on my upper body, chest, back, back of my arm, and these last 3 days they have been appearing on my waist. I am basically covered during the night(sweatpants, shirt sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, socks, and I tuck my shirt in my pants before I go to sleep. My townhouse gets freezing during the winter time so this is the only way I can keep warm at night. At first the bites were frequent and then one day I woke up with no bites, and non never showed up throughout the day either. Then they started back up and then one day I did not wake up with any bites either. I have dealt with this type of issue before and I know what I’m looking for and I have found nothing. All of my sheets are white and my cov de and pillow cases are light in color and I do not see blood smears, fecal stains nor bug skins or anything. I have a protective case on my futon and there are no sighs of anything on that as well. I even took a light and shine it through My covers, bed and encasement and my bed sheets and I still found nothing. I checked my closet, the baseboards and still nothing. I woke up today with the same red spots on my skin after having a day of no bites. I even keep getting bit under my waist and of my sweatpants and my sweatshirt and shirts I wear underneath. I slept with no socks on and lose sweatpants and I thought I would see bite marks on my legs but there were none. I’m not sure what is going on, please give your honest opinion as to what you think this is. I looked up the symptoms and bite marks and nothing I am experiencing matches up and with my previous dealing with these things I have not seen anything that would point to bb’s. Thank you

2. jessK

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 19:27:20
    #

Login to Send PM

jessK - 1 minute ago  » 
    This all started three weeks ago. One random morning I started to get mosquito like light red marks on my back. Before then I had gotten pimple like marks on my legs that itches and went away within a week on my legs. For the past 3 weeks I have been getting random light red non itchy raised like bites/ spots on my body. They have only been appearing on my upper body, chest, back, back of my arm, and these last 3 days they have been appearing on my waist. I am basically covered during the night(sweatpants, shirt sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, socks, and I tuck my shirt in my pants before I go to sleep. My townhouse gets freezing during the winter time so this is the only way I can keep warm at night. At first the bites were frequent and then one day I woke up with no bites, and non never showed up throughout the day either. Then they started back up and then one day I did not wake up with any bites either. I have dealt with this type of issue before and I know what I’m looking for and I have found nothing. All of my sheets are white and my cov de and pillow cases are light in color and I do not see blood smears, fecal stains nor bug skins or anything. I have a protective case on my futon and there are no sighs of anything on that as well. I even took a light and shine it through My covers, bed and encasement and my bed sheets and I still found nothing. I checked my closet, the baseboards and still nothing. I woke up today with the same red spots on my skin after having a day of no bites. I even keep getting bit under my waist and of my sweatpants and my sweatshirt and shirts I wear underneath. I slept with no socks on and lose sweatpants and I thought I would see bite marks on my legs but there were none. I’m not sure what is going on, please give your honest opinion as to what you think this is. I looked up the symptoms and bite marks and nothing I am experiencing matches up and with my previous dealing with these things I have not seen anything that would point to bb’s. Thank you

I forgot to add they would sometimes come singularly, and all of the marks/bites don’t look the same. I’ve even seen some appear when I’m at work and then disappear after a couple of hours

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 11:42:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it possible that the change of seasons could cause your skin to be dry and irritated?

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  4. jessK

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 14:02:46
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 hours ago  » 
    Is it possible that the change of seasons could cause your skin to be dry and irritated?

It might be, this did not happen until it started to get really cold and like I said I never found anything that would point to bb’s. Like when I woke up today I was bite/mark/spot free and have been all day so far.

5. jessK

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 14:03:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 15:08:09
    #

Login to Send PM

See if moisturizer helps with your skin, it's worth a shot, and a hell of a lot cheaper than bed bug treatment.

7. shinydarkvoid

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 16:57:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Unless you can find absolute proof of bed bugs, I wouldn't freak out. Your symptoms sound more like dry skin or an allergic reaction for the time being. Check your detergent, wash your clothes, and moisturize for dry skin. Just in case, keep things clean, wash your clothes after each wear and bedding regularly, vacuum, and hunt around for signs of any bug infestation. It could also be fleas or mites (mites are super tiny, so they're hard to detect without a magnifier) but again, without solid proof, keep an open mind. Good luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7