• 1 Members Subscribed To Topic
  • (no related topics found)
  1. Merlkir

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue May 16 2017 18:54:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Caught this guy, well unfortunately, in my bed. Is it a bedbug?
    I apologize for the quality, it's not terribly clear through the box (there's dust in it) and in this light. It's night currently.
    http://www.naden.de/blog/bbvideo-bbpress-video-plugin -->

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Videos

If it's not clear enough, I'll try and take photos tomorrow in daylight.

2. Merlkir

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue May 16 2017 21:53:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I should perhaps add that it's 3-4 mm long.
    I apologize if it's obvious, I have rather bad eyesight - especially at night. Even looking at it through the ipad's camera doesn't help me recognize it.
    (it's nearly 4 am, I've been looking at photos trying to compare for over three hours...might be time to overcome anxiety and go to bed.)

3. Merlkir

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 4:45:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Here's a bunch of daylight photos. Either the camera or the photographer are a bit crap. Sorry about that!

http://imgur.com/a/glagd

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 10:19:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Some of the images are clear enough to see that the shape of the antennae indicate a beetle rather than bed bugs.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 10:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, a beetle. Possibly one of the fungus beetles. Pictures always better than video because usually close-up stills have more clarity.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. Merlkir

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 11:18:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I tried to take some better photos, though the thing did seem to die overnight, and some bits (like the antennae) possibly fell off.

http://i.imgur.com/JT8aDvJ.jpg

(Thanks to You both for the ID!)

7. Merlkir

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 11:58:25
    #

Login to Send PM

OK, for others who are struggling to get close enough photos with an ipad - the "SuperVision+ Magnifier" app seems to work quite a bit better than the stock Camera one.
    You have to take screenshots of your screen though (ON button + Home button), I don't think it can snap pictures itself.

Some clearer photos of my critter here: http://i.imgur.com/IaHIF2L.jpg

It could be bias now that I've been told it's a beetle, but I think I can see the wings' slit down its back.

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 17:39:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Merlkir - 5 hours ago  » 
    OK, for others who are struggling to get close enough photos with an ipad - the "SuperVision+ Magnifier" app seems to work quite a bit better than the stock Camera one.
    You have to take screenshots of your screen though (ON button + Home button), I don't think it can snap pictures itself.
    Some clearer photos of my critter here: http://i.imgur.com/IaHIF2L.jpg
    It could be bias now that I've been told it's a beetle, but I think I can see the wings' slit down its back.

A beetle, anyway. Can't really tell which species it really is. Could even be stored food product species. Antennae would have helped.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,595 posts in 43,278 topics over 130 months by 18,982 of 19,560 members. Latest: Koonspg4s, slynnp1, bkb