Is this a bedbug? [a: yes]

(4 posts)
  1. jimdavis

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jul 23 2017 4:14:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a sinking feeling that I already know the answer to this, but is this a bedbug? Is there anything else it could be?

http://imgur.com/Ok6YXEb

We about a month ago were getting bitten... an inspector came out and found nothing of concern, and said he didn't think we had bedbugs because he couldn't find any telltale signs. However, he couldn't rule out that we might have a very small number of bugs, "maybe even just one". Then we didn't get bitten for nearly a month and we were beginning to feel reassured that we might have dodged the bullet. Suddenly the past few days I'm getting bitten again... and then tonight we found this crawling on the bed. Sorry the image isn't great (this is a scan).

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jul 23 2017 5:30:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Young nymph and as you know it had been feeding, but not recently.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. jimdavis

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 15:53:35
    #

Login to Send PM

[code]Hi loubugs,

Just looking over my posts and realized I never said thank you for the ID. Thank you very much for your expertise!

Obviously it's not great to have BB's, but it's good to know definitively. So I really appreciated the ID.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 8:34:52
    #

Login to Send PM

You're welcome. Now you can take care of it properly. Good luck.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234