Is this a bed bug? (need ID!)

(3 posts)
  1. DCTrigirl

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 20:41:37
    #

Login to Send PM

We stayed at a hotel this past weekend where we (well, me, I'm the worrywart) identified bed bug fecal stains on one of the mattresses. We hadn't even put our bags down yet, and moved right away. We bagged all of our luggage, and I have been running it through our packtite over the past few days (keeping this bagged up in the car while doing this). Today, as I was putting our surf board cover in the packtite, I noticed the bug below crawling across it. I squashed it, and so I don't know how useful the picture is, but if someone could ID it for me, that would be great. I am really freaking out, and hoping against hope it's one of the many bugs living around our house right now (the surf board cover sat on the drive way for a few moments as I wrestled to roll it up).

If it is a bed bug, do I need to go code red, considering everything that was in the hotel and the car has been run through the packtite at 120F for two hours? And what should I do about the car (next to setting it on fire?)

Thank you all so much in advance!

http://imgur.com/a/H1U05

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Wed May 17 2017 23:43:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Didn't read everything but your sample is not a bed bug.

3. DCTrigirl

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 20:02:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you - seriously relieved!!
    Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,984 posts in 42,669 topics over 128 months by 18,725 of 19,271 members. Latest: agustinwoo2242, Gemagemmm, JohnG