Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Is running hot or cold water better on bb bites?

(4 posts)
  1. prephelpny2011

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2011 13:12:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Wondering if anyone knows which is better....feels good in shower to run water onto bites, feels less itchy for me afterward, but not sure if either hot or cold water would increase or decrease the swelling and rash.
    thanks

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2011 13:19:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Cold or lukewarm is best, heat can aggravate any bites and should always be avoided.

There are a significant number of people who only see bite marks after a hot shower or bath.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  3. Tommy Bugz

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2011 15:00:29
    #

Login to Send PM

From what I have heard cold water is the way to go. It reduces swelling and decreases the chance of bites showing up(note I said bites showing up NOT decreases chance of getting bitten)

However, the one draw back to this, at least for me, is that very hot water feels orgasmically good on bed bug bites.

4. MoreThanOnceBitten

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2011 17:21:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I know that hot water makes my peeling sunburn super itchy feeling when I get in the shower, but I like the feeling of the hot water purging my skin and hair or whatever might be in there! (which hasn't been anything that I know of!)

I am thinking I could have carpet beetles so I wonder if the heat gets rid of the little hairs and that is what makes me feel better.

I know heat is bad for swelling like bug bites, but I am with the last poster. It feels so good.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.