Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

is it possible to get bed bugs internally?

(8 posts)
  1. shughes

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 5 2009 0:32:47
    #

Login to Send PM

long story short, i just move into an apartment building in sept. i noticed german cockroaches from time to time and though the black specks were roach droppings. now after the bites i've been getting i've come to the conclusion it is bed bugs.
    my question- is it possible to get them up your nose? and i mean, way up there if you are breathing them in for a long time? i swear to you, i'm blowing them out of my nose in large amounts. they are darkish brown with hints of red which makes me think it's bb... but not full on adult bed bugs but i'd say fresh ones. or is it possible that these are yet another type of bug?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 5 2009 2:59:16
    #

Login to Send PM

shughes,

I don't think it's possible for bed bugs to live in your nose.

I would strongly suggest going to a doctor and showing them -- by demonstration if possible -- so they can investigate what's wrong.

Good luck to you.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 5 2009 3:21:44
    #

Login to Send PM

More likely bird mites. They will crawl into the nose and ears.

Jim

4. soscared

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 5 2009 11:26:07
    #

Login to Send PM

That's lovely. Please god, never let me get bird mites.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 5 2009 13:56:51
    #

Login to Send PM

shughes,

If you have bird mites, you should additionally contact an experienced pest control firm, as they will need to be gotten rid of.

I would start with the doctor though. And try to catch a sample of what you've got in a ziploc bag for identification.

6. bait

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 5 2009 16:17:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs have been known to crawl into ears. I have had bites in my belly button. A bug certainly could get into your nose, but it would be rare.

Mites on the other hand do crawl into the nose.

You can have both BBs and mites at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

7. Vell23

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Nov 6 2009 0:12:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Ummm hold up, if bed bugs crawl in the ear, can they lay eggs in your head or something? I'm freaking out, someone plz tell me I'm being paranoid. Damn what if I smoked weed? I would be bugging out

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Nov 6 2009 1:48:38
    #

Login to Send PM

shughes wrote,

"i'm blowing them out of my nose in large amounts."

This is not bed bugs, as there would not be large amounts of them. One, once, maybe.

(Yes, it is possible to have bird mites and bed bugs, but there is no evidence of bed bugs mentioned in the original post.)

shughes, I hope you will seek a doctor's advice about what's coming out of your nose, and also get a knowledgeable PCO in if you have bird mites or other pests. You're welcome to post a new thread if you have other questions.

I am closing this thread because I have already had to delete one kind of offensive response, and because I think we have reached the limit of helpfulness on this one.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.