Is it me or the bf?

(2 posts)
  1. 7yearitch

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Jan 11 2018 22:36:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been getting bed bug bites since October -- maybe a few every other week or so. At first, I thought they were maybe spider bites because they got so swollen and my sister who lives with me still hasn't been bitten. But the bites are often in sets of 3, and I'll notice them in the morning. Based off all the pictures I've seen, I'm 99% sure they're from bed bugs.

I haven't been overnight anywhere except my apartment, so I immediately assumed I had a bed bug problem. Right after the first bites, I had an pest inpector (Orkin) come to the apartment. He turned the whole place upside-down and said he didn't find anything. But after a week or so of more bites, I got crazy and scoured the whole place with a fine toothed comb. I found 2 casings that the inspector said "could be" bed bugs. So he came out again, inspected, and said he couldn't find anything.

My boyfriend is over often, and he's never found any bites on himself. That made me wonder if he just didn't react to them and had an infestation at his apartment he didn't know about. But his apartment was treated in September for mold and he thinks, even if he did have bed bugs, they'd never survive that. I've been to his place and checked myself and haven't seen any signs. He'd have his place inspected too...except his apartment complex doesn't cover that, so he'd have to pay out of pocket.

In the meantime, every time I've found a bite, I'll go crazy and wash and super hot dry all the bedding and pillows, and vacuum, and look everywhere for signs of bugs. I even did one of those DIY bedbug traps just to see if I could catch one to prove I wasn't losing my mind. Nada.

So we can't find a single sign of them anywhere but every week or so I'm finding two or three bites on my leg, or my arms, my stomach, or even my neck and cheek. Besides taking a toll on my vanity (and sanity!), I'm worried I'm carrying the little buggers onto my sister, and boyfriend, and friends who visit.

Here are my questions for you all!

1) Does it sound more likely that the bf's place is infested and he doesn't know it? Or that my inspector just missed an infestation at my place twice?

2) Does a bedbug inspection cost anything up front?

3) If a pest inspector does inspect my boyfriend's place and finds signs of an infestation, can his apartment complex force him to pay for immediate treatment? (I'm worried his complex will force him to immediately pay for a treatment that could cost thousands of dollars he doesn't have right now.)

4) What should be my next move?

Absolutely any help would be appreciated! Thank youuuu!

2. F. Pazos

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Jan 12 2018 3:39:52
    #

Login to Send PM

1) Does it sound more likely that the bf's place is infested and he doesn't know it? Or that my inspector just missed an infestation at my place twice?
    it sounds to me that until a positive identification of either a bug, skin or fecal there is not a bed bug infestation.... and if you had bed bugs at your home since October, I really doubt that a professional would miss it. Send an inspection to your boyfriend's apartment to make sure

2) Does a bedbug inspection cost anything up front?
    Depends on the company doing it, some are free, some are paid

3) If a pest inspector does inspect my boyfriend's place and finds signs of an infestation, can his apartment complex force him to pay for immediate treatment? (I'm worried his complex will force him to immediately pay for a treatment that could cost thousands of dollars he doesn't have right now.)
    I don't know.... but for that to happen, in the apartment complex they would need to know what is going on and the outcome of the inspection

4) What should be my next move?
    cool down

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,258 posts in 46,529 topics over 141 months by 20,520 of 21,381 members. Latest: alize, Worrybug, bugBgone123