Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Is it common to only have 1 single bite over 1 night with bedbugs?

(4 posts)
  1. Hannah7

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 13:52:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Night before last my kids did not have any bites at all, last night, 1 single bite on 1 of them, on the ankle... I thought bedbugs, usually they bit in multiple bites? I need to figure out what I have in my house.

2. awakened

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 14:39:04
    #

Login to Send PM

There's a really informative thread about bites where more people recalled having single bites than pairs or the supposedly classic cluster/line of three:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/survey-bb-bites-please-help-me-gather-info-regarding-your-experience

However, other insects may have bitten your children. You need to look for evidence; see the FAQ links on this site for how to detect bed bugs.

3. Hannah7

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Oct 2 2011 9:07:02
    #

Login to Send PM

awakened - 18 hours ago  » 
    There's a really informative thread about bites where more people recalled having single bites than pairs or the supposedly classic cluster/line of three:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/survey-bb-bites-please-help-me-gather-info-regarding-your-experience
    However, other insects may have bitten your children. You need to look for evidence; see the FAQ links on this site for how to detect bed bugs.

Thanks, I have inspected, a lot.... I also had PCO here to inspect from Terminex. He found nothing, not even a sign of them or fleas or anything at all. The very next morning one of my sons had another bite, this time just 1 on his ankle. None at all this morning. I can't take this, I want to spray or do something, the not knowing is driving me insane. I feel like I'm sitting around waiting to be attacked or waiting for my kids to be... Its my job to protect them, how can I when I don't know whats getting them? I don't buy that it could be spiders, or mosquitoes in a new home construction. =(

4. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Oct 2 2011 9:57:46
    #

Login to Send PM

A bed bug feeds about once a week. If you're getting only one or two bites a week, odds are that even IF it's bed bugs AND it's in your home, you only have 1-2 bugs. Such low level infestations are difficult to detect. Conversely, in such situations, your risk of spread to visitors, friends, etc. is also lower. Consider yourself ahead in the game. Try and log the "bites" your family is picking and see if you can detect a trend developing (ie, indication of a growing infestation). Don't rule out other causes or delayed reactions to bed bug bites received outside the home.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,818 posts in 29,342 topics over 90 months by 12,653 of 19,905 members. Latest: Wtf.hellnoin NJ, anxiety high, itchylady