Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Is getting bit everyday normal? (and bug ID)

(6 posts)
  1. idkanymoree

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 5:36:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I kept on finding 2-3 new bites everyday, is this normal? And I would always find them in the same two spots on my body (outer side of my left leg and my left upper arm)

I'm really tempted to sleep in the living room now because the bites are not stopping. I found 4 new ones yesterday. Woke up with 2 new ones on my arm, and 2 new ones in the evening because I was playing games on my bed for a hour or two after dinner. There might have been a third one on my leg, but it might have been just a scratch mark. I have a tendency to scratch on the sides of the bites, not on the bites)

I haven't really seen any infested corners, stains or anything, but I found two larvae looking things after I was bitten in the evening on the mattress topper on the face down side. They were not moving at all when I found them and picked them up with paper towel. They look flat, so I don't think they are carpet beetles (which I have also, if this information is any helpful).

The images are terrible, apologies. https://imgur.com/a/96yvH

2. eatenbybedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 9:04:50
    #

Login to Send PM

If u let them to bite you everyday they will spread faster than rabbits and when you move to a different furniture they will infest it too. Once bedbug is found in your home this is HIS home frome now on and you are jut a food.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 9:25:21
    #

Login to Send PM

IDK, it would depend on the level of infestation. If the skin irritations were in fact bed bug bites that should at least produce more bed bug fecal deposits and help to make a positive ID. The larval stage of the bed bug just looks like a bed bug, so I don't think what you've found is bed bug related.

Eatenby, if you have a question, or just want to continue spewing shit advice please start your own thread.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  4. idkanymoree

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 10:02:21
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 32 minutes ago  » 
    IDK, it would depend on the level of infestation. If the skin irritations were in fact bed bug bites that should at least produce more bed bug fecal deposits and help to make a positive ID. The larval stage of the bed bug just looks like a bed bug, so I don't think what you've found is bed bug related.
    Eatenby, if you have a question, or just want to continue spewing shit advice please start your own thread.

Thanks for the help once again! I think you are right. I've been purposely wearing light color clothing hoping to find some stains on myself, since most of the "bite marks" were in covered areas, and still nothing.

I've been going back a forth on whether this is the case of carpenter beetles or bed bugs, because I've had a bed bug scare that may have been a combination of carpenter beetle allergic reaction and mosquito bites years ago. Back then, I cleaned up on the beetles right around the same time my mom found and killed the mosquito, so I guess I was never really sure which one it was (didn't help that the apartment manager at the time told us that the carpenter beetles were spiders....).

What really threw me off this time was that I've seen carpenter beetles here and there since then and didn't get any reaction (or severe enough to stand out). I have been seeing more of them recently before the reactions started, however.

Anyway, I might get some passive monitors just in case, or at least just to calm my nerves until there is actual evidence to be losing sleep over.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 12:18:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Passive monitors sound like a good idea, you don't want to freak yourself out with every little speck you find.

6. Bedbugmom41

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 14:23:56
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 2 hours ago  » 
    Passive monitors sound like a good idea, you don't want to freak yourself out with every little speck you find.

Amen to that BigDummy !

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1