Is Deep Cleaning Even Possible?

(5 posts)
  1. BeastlyThings

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed May 17 2017 13:23:42
    #

Login to Send PM

We rented a cabin from friends for the summer while our home is under construction. It is a small, rustic building and it is stuffed with our friends belongings. The bedroom, where I believe we might have a small infestation (have just set up monitoring) is completely finished with tongue and groove cedar on all walls and the ceiling. There are four dressers in the bedroom, two with our stuff, two with theirs. The cabin is in a remote location, PCO services not available anywhere nearby. I have read through the FAQ's on this site and we are more than willing to take the necessary action, if needed. My question is, with all of the cedar planks there are thousands of places for bed bugs to hide and all of the stuff that isn't even ours, will deep cleaning even be possible? It's ironic because we are pretty bed-bug aware and our own home is not cluttered and is pretty much optimized for eradicating an early infestation. The idea of fighting bed bugs in this place makes me feel despair!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed May 17 2017 15:11:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sounds like a client of mine that has property in numerous high end French Ski resorts.

Its a challenge but with planning and the right tools its not as bad as you might initially think.

Step 1 as always is to confirm the issue and that means posting some images of:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

It will also help to gauge the extent of the issue.

After that is a matter of addressing what tools you have, what time you have and what budget if additional resources are needed. I can assure you the concept of dealing with things themselves seemed like a mountain to the lodge owners but with just one days training I have not needed to go out there again (shame really as its nice to visit just maybe not 3 different resorts a day).

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. BeastlyThings

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed May 17 2017 20:32:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the encouragement. I have mail ordered for passive monitors and will keep inspecting. We haven't found any hard evidence yet, so fingers crossed that this is a false alarm!

4. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed May 17 2017 23:46:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Should really shut down the bed bug fear and live life

5. BeastlyThings

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu May 18 2017 0:58:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Good advice, Killer Queen. I am definitely living life. Obsessing is not worth the trouble but denial isn't a good plan either. I'm here to be informed and proactive. I

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,327 posts in 41,281 topics over 125 months by 18,087 of 18,507 members. Latest: Andem, anxietyJeff, gotquestions