Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

is anyone having needle stabbing pains?

(17 posts)
  1. mangycur

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Dec 31 2007 21:09:45
    #

Login to Send PM

This is totally weird, but I'm having these pains happen. I think they are some sort of anxiety thing. I'm curious if anyone else is getting them.

It feels like someone is suddenly jabbing a needle into me. It's usually my foot but sometimes my arm. Usually while I"m alseep but sometimes when I'm out and about in my day. I have, on a couple of occasions, taken off my shoe and inspected my socks and feet. Nothing there! And I don't get any bites in those locations. Usually I get very itchy when I get an actual bed bug bite. But then never happen in my stabbing locations.

I think it's just a random somatic reaction to stress, but it's still pretty bizarre. Is anyone else having this? just curious

2. Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Dec 31 2007 22:50:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no! Weird!

I kid. Normal.

It goes away.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 1 2008 0:05:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Had this occasionally. Can't prove it was related but would guess it happens for some.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. buggedmama

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 1 2008 13:35:44
    #

Login to Send PM

yup. me too. constantly. that and the crawlies. all the time. it's delightful.

5. EmberWhimsy

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 1 2008 15:34:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I get that too recently, even yesterday I got t! Glad to know it's normal =)

6. mrbill0626

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 1 2008 15:39:01
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like something I've experienced too. mostly in the feet and ankles. Feels like electrical currents shooting through there or something, maybe. "shooting pains" as they're called I think. Or a "stabbing" feeling. Could be gout if it's in the big toe area, but that's for a doctor to decide, I guess. Mainly it's nerves, I think. Nothing to worry about really. Have you tried meditation? maybe it helps to relax and get quite. Ohhhmmm.....

Hope this helps.

Bill

7. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 2 2008 17:27:27
    #

Login to Send PM

When my wife was having reactions to bites before we knew that we had bbs her right ankle swelled on two seperate occassions and she was in pain.

8. currentinsomniac

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2008 12:22:43
    #

Login to Send PM

You think it's possible that BB bites can sometimes hurt? Mosquitos sometimes hurt when they bite..though not often. I've wondered because I sometimes get a sharp pinch feeling every once in a while. (Only once have I noticed a bite at the site). But I'm wondering because just the other day as I was getting into the shower I felt a sharp stab right above my elbow on the back of my arm. The place in question wasn't under the water yet and drops of warm water were just starting to sprinkle there. Now the area kind of itches. Not as bad like the regular bites, but still appears to be a bite. Has anyone heard of BBs biting in defense?

As for shooting pains, yeah, I've had those too. I figure it's either nerves or a reaction my nerves/body are having to the pesticides we have used. Either that, or it's a type of phantom biting.

9. Kit

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2008 18:56:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh yes, I think it's possible that they hurt. In my case, the pin prick or needle jab sensation is pretty common. When I'd inspect the source sometimes there would be a bite and sometimes there wouldn't (or I couldn't see it). I think it must have something to do with my body response changing after months of being bitten. For example, as the numbness wears off from the bite, it's a very sudden and sharp pinprick sensation (it could also be an old bite reaction). At the start of this ordeal, my bites didn't hurt but they itched more. As the months went on, the feeling switched to pin pricks, etc. but itched far less. Frankly, I think I'd rather have the itch (which was never that bad) than the sudden pin prick/stab sensation.

10. BBsBlow

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2008 20:44:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't say I've had the pain you describe. It was always the itch. The pain I did have involved touching the occasional bump that just couldn't be itched any more. I became a scabby mess.

11. BklynBedbugHater

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 5 2008 2:36:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I used to get exactly what you're talking about: It felt like somebody was sticking a needle into my foot, or toe. Sometimes I would get the same feeling in my arm or hand at the same exact time. I think it's neurological, from years of nerve damage due to undiagnosed celiac disease, but I got tested by several neurologists and they couldn't find any damage that was measurable or evident from tests. It eventually subsided after changing my diet to one that is appropriate for my medical condition.

12. BEETLEJUICE

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Apr 16 2011 15:51:45
    #

Login to Send PM

could this be shingles?

13. bbgirl

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Apr 16 2011 19:15:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Definately I posted about this before - sometimes when cleaning especially I feel a pin prick on my hand or one of my fingers and it becomes a little itchy and swollen but then disappears. Not like a real bite.....

14. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Apr 17 2011 0:43:29
    #

Login to Send PM

BEETLEJUICE - 8 hours ago  » 
    could this be shingles?

Hi BEETLEJUICE,

The post you responded to is three years old. You can see this by looking next to the post.

15. BEETLEJUICE

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 18 2011 11:05:04
    #

Login to Send PM

so yes? no? consult my local pco?

16. Ann B

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Apr 20 2011 2:44:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I think it is the anxiety in your brain making your bites seem worse. Good luck dear!

17. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Apr 21 2011 1:10:36
    #

Login to Send PM

BEETLEJUICE - 2 days ago  » 
    so yes? no? consult my local pco?

If you have a rash which is rough in texture and painful, it might be shingles. See your doctor if you think this is possible.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.