Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Inspector only found 2 bedbugs after "looking hard", could it still be early?

(6 posts)
  1. Kalarr

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 13:50:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so if not, sorry!

An inspector came and looked, and he said he found 2 bedbugs, but he had to look really hard to find them. Is this just the beginning of an infestation.

Also, side question, he is coming back on Tuesday to get my bedroom treated. It says put things like electronics and whatever in plastic bags, would that also mean electronics outside the bedroom?

Thirdly, how do I tell my roommate? He's out for the next couple of weeks and idk how to tell him, especially because he does overreact.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 16:50:28
    #

Login to Send PM

1. It sounds like this may be the case if no other evidence was found.

2. Speak to your PCO about prepping.

3. There's no easy way to break the news, just be honest and let him know that you've scheduled treatment.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. Kalarr

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 16:56:38
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 4 minutes ago  » 
    1. It sounds like this may be the case if no other evidence was found.
    2. Speak to your PCO about prepping.
    3. There's no easy way to break the news, just be honest and let him know that you've scheduled treatment.

1. nope, there was no other evidence. Really the only thing I went by was bites and something that I thought was a feces stain but turns out wasn't.

2. Yeah, i'll have to ask 'cause i'm unclear about that.

3. I suppose, well, I did tell a friend of mine who'd be coming over this weekend and I did make it clear that if he still wants to come its at his own risk, and he still wants to, so maybe i'm just overthinking this and its not as big a deal as I think it is

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 1:14:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Try to remember that just because your roommate is away, that doesn't mean this is your fault. It could have been either of you who brought them in, a guest, or a neighbor's problem.

As for bagging, you have to ask the PCO about what they expect because prep varies. Do ask what they plan for once your electronics are bagged. This FAQ will help. You're unlikely to have bed bugs in electronics, but it is possible and bagging things which won't be treated always means we want to ask some questions.

Finally, it's up to you of course but I would urge you to not have a houseguest until this is over. He may not realize how easily bed bugs can be spread. People often don't until they have them.

Again, it's a small chance with a small problem, but if he gets bed bugs in the next six months, he will think they came from you, even if they didn't. This can strain relationships.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Kalarr

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 1:34:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 17 minutes ago  » 
    Try to remember that just because your roommate is away, that doesn't mean this is your fault. It could have been either of you who brought them in, a guest, or a neighbor's problem.
    As for bagging, you have to ask the PCO about what they expect because prep varies. Do ask what they plan for once your electronics are bagged. This FAQ will help. You're unlikely to have bed bugs in electronics, but it is possible and bagging things which won't be treated always means we want to ask some questions.
    Finally, it's up to you of course but I would urge you to not have a houseguest until this is over. He may not realize how easily bed bugs can be spread. People often don't until they have them.
    Again, it's a small chance with a small problem, but if he gets bed bugs in the next six months, he will think they came from you, even if they didn't. This can strain relationships.

I think I know where it came from... We let a friend keep his stuff at our place and not too long ago another friend who took his bed found out he had bedbugs, that's my best lead. Honestly, telling him would normally not be an issue, my problem is that he overreacts, though I suppose I may be making it out to be worse than it really is.

Yeah, i'll contact the PCO and make sure of what exactly, 'cause the paper only said room treatment, though idk if it meant the whole apartment or just the bedroom.

I was gonna have a friend come over on Sunday... I told him that I have 'em and that he could come over after the treatment. I said if he wants to come now he can but at his own risk. He said he still wants to come over anyway.

6. Kalarr

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 6:08:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 4 hours ago  » 

Yeaaa... I could just be overthinking this, its just something so new to me and its never happened before, so I don't know what i'm doing.

I'll ask for some more details. 'cause I wasn't sure if the paper he gave me meant the whole apartment or just the bedroom.

I had a friend coming over on Sunday and I told him straight away, I made it clear to him that if he comes before the treatment he may get them, but he said he'll come anyway.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234