Insect ? ID [a: not any life stage of bed bugs, or eggs or mites]

(3 posts)
  1. NY_lady

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jul 15 2017 23:16:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I am fairly certain these are not bed bug related but wondering if they are pupae, eggs or mites. I keep finding these on my bed and furniture.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/151958916@N06/shares/t408vf

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 4:07:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bed bug related, they don't have a pupae stage.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 7:07:54
    #

Login to Send PM

NY_lady - 7 hours ago  » 
    I am fairly certain these are not bed bug related but wondering if they are pupae, eggs or mites. I keep finding these on my bed and furniture.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/151958916@N06/shares/t408vf

I don't know exactly. Not eggs, not mites. Not pupae. As David noted above, bed bugs have no pupal stage; there are only 5 nymph stages and the adult is present after the last nymph stage molts. One picture is a large picture size but the image isn't crisp.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,719 posts in 42,630 topics over 128 months by 18,711 of 19,242 members. Latest: Brightly79, InaneVelocity, ElisaR