Inscet Interceptor

(6 posts)
  1. charlesduran

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Apr 20 2009 14:13:03
    #

Login to Send PM

It was suggested by Jeff White in Bed Bug Central, to lightly swab the with talc, the inside of the containers being used to prevent bed bugs from climbing up the legs of the bed.

My question is, would this method be more effective than water with chlorine or some other toxic liquid? Charles Duran

2. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Apr 20 2009 14:46:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm always concerned about toxic liquids in the bedroom and under the bed, so I would prefer talc if it works. I don't know which is more effective, but I do know that water evaporates.

3. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Apr 20 2009 14:50:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Talc wouldn't alarm the bugs but will make the sides slippery enough that they can't climb out.

Jim

4. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Apr 20 2009 17:48:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually the talc recommendation comes from the manufacturer and is included on the directions. As far as any insecticide liquid, I would concur with parakeets here and wouldn't recommend anything toxic that could spill or your toe, kid, cat, gerbil etc. could get too. I've now used a number of these traps for monitoring and as an assist to control programs especially in sensitive areas. I've heard say of using a bit of DE but that would A. be a pesticide application and B. might not be as slippery ..........
    Actually I'm in the midst of testing them on some other pests as well ,not related to our little bloodsuckers.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Apr 23 2009 14:17:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Please also see this post on bedbugger.com analyzing the Climbup Interceptors AND a new monitor from David Cain.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. persona-non-bugga

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Apr 23 2009 16:00:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Kudos to the inventor of the interceptor! What a simple and elegant device. And effective too? Very cool.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982