Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

Imported Indian Bed Bugs

(3 posts)
  1. EricLane85

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 14 2016 17:02:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I work for a pest control company in New England and dealing with a large housing complex with approximately 500 apartments and approximately 85% Indian population. Most are students who have recently come from India.

I am dealing with a lot of unusual bed bug habits, many of which are related to self treatment, but still not always. Bed bug harborages are in unusual areas which brought me to suspect bat bugs but now after almost a year of hundreds of treatments I suspect pesticide resistance and perhaps some hereditary habits originating in India where different pesticides and control measures as well as environmental factors could play a role.

If anyone could direct me to any studies from India or like-countries that could shed light on my suspicions, I would appreciate.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 15 2016 10:24:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The dispersal patterns are less likely to be due tot he strain of bed bugs than they are to be a response to what is being done.

You have a complex issue and if we can address it in terms of risks and profiles rather than races I can help you.

In essence what you have here is a location with a higher than average risk of bed bugs due to the profiles of residents. By default you have international travel and most likely extensive public transport use and a lot of potential to transfer through socializing on site.

As a result the issue is in fact more complex and multifaceted than it might first appear. You can look at this in terms of:

• Introductory events
    • Dispersal between units on site
    • In correct steps taken on site

There are steps that need to be addressed at each and every point in this process.

It is possible to design programs that address all of these issues and steps to create a new paradigm in how you handle things.

It may seem a lot of work at the start but the reward comes through reduced infestation size, reduced introduction and less time fighting fires.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 15 2016 10:30:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I would collect the bed bugs. They might not be Cimex lectularius, but Cimex hemipterus. Need to ID the insects. Could also have to do with the bug population behavior.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,831 posts in 43,552 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,669 members. Latest: bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1, Bug12345678