IMPORTANT: Please read: site migration and changes

(4 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Aug 8 2015 17:38:58
    #

Login to Send PM

It's possible there may be a brief outage sometime in the next twenty-four hours.

I will try to give you a warning, but since you may not be back before then, be aware. You'll know it happens if you can't see the website at all when you try.

This is all in aid of improving the site, and if it happens it should be brief (fingers crossed and maybe say a few prayers or, if that's not your bag, maybe a few Hungarian Bed Bug Curses-- can't hurt).

Update 8/9 at 4:47 pm

The site was migrated by our old host to new servers last weekend, causing a lot of downtime which continued from Saturday night off and on through Tuesday, and again last night. Last night's outage was not the one I warned you about above! This past week we were down for about 12 hours total which is probably more than in the last five years combined. However, it was with our old host and related to their server migration.

Today, we migrated just this site to a totally new hosting service and server. There are a few tweaks to be made tomorrow, but we're mostly done.

We had only very brief outages due to this move. During that time you could not post but got a message saying to come back in 15 minutes.

The new site was up from about 1:20 pm EST. However, from approx. 1:20-2:40 pm EST Sunday 8/9, there was a loss of data. Anything posted before 1:20 EST or after 2:40 EST should be retained. Any new posts or replies between those times was lost.

I apologize to anyone who posted or answered questions during that time. We had succeeded in keeping you from viewing the site and posting when we knew we would not be able to retain data being migrated. However, once the migration was done and the site was live, we noticed an error which required us to go back and reset the migrated data.

If you don't see your post, it was likely posted between 1:20 and 2:40 pm Sunday. There shouldn't be any issues with data outside this time. Please post again if you still need a response or want to give feedback.

There may be isolated odd characters in a few places (characters as in characters you type, not people you encounter!) which is an issue that should be corrected tomorrow.

I don't think we had any new registrations during this time period. If you registered and did not get a password, please check your spam filter and email me if you don't have the email from bedbugger.com so I can reset your password.

I expect you will notice much better speed and fewer resource errors or outages, if any, on our new host. However, please email me if you "see anything strange" or get any odd errors, so I can look into them. Please include links and quote any error messages.

Thanks for your patience and for reading this!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Aug 9 2015 18:30:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Update added.

3. misery

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Oct 11 2016 19:16:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I am getting a banner for "related ads" on mobile that is very disconcerting. I only get it on this website. May I PM you a screenshot Nobugsonme? I don't think I can use this site on my phone if it persists. I have accidentally clicked it a few times and it sends me to a suspicious link.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Oct 12 2016 21:27:57
    #

Login to Send PM

misery - 1 day ago  » 
    I am getting a banner for "related ads" on mobile that is very disconcerting. I only get it on this website. May I PM you a screenshot Nobugsonme? I don't think I can use this site on my phone if it persists. I have accidentally clicked it a few times and it sends me to a suspicious link.

Hi misery,
    Sorry-- I'm just seeing this now. You can email me nobugs [at] bedbugger.com
    It's best if you can also try and copy the link it directs to and send that-- I may not be able to halt the ad on Google if I do not know the link they're advertising as that's how things are blocked, and I very much want to block any offending ads.
    You may see the URL it links to if you hover over it or you may know how to copy a link without actually clicking it (on a Mac, you hold down control and click the link and you get the option to copy-- not sure how to do it on WIN or on a phone).
    Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

247,810 posts in 39,678 topics over 120 months by 17,395 of 17,704 members. Latest: bbsareconsumingmylife, heather68, Oakland