Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

IMPORTANT BED BUG QUESTION

(6 posts)
  1. ophelia

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 16:09:24
    #

Login to Send PM

If you abandon a room that you found bed bugs in, will it go to the nearest host they can find?

2. Myworstnightmare

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 17:01:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert. Just recently dealing with this problem. I can tell you what my pco told me- the issue appears isolated to my daughter's bed. (Not spread out yet). She was getting eaten alive. My daughter that shares the room with her - no bites and no traces. So he told me while going thru treatment someone has to sleep in there so they don't venture out. My girls are now in my bed - bite free. And I'm sleeping in the ground zero bed and am bit all up.

3. ophelia

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 17:24:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Myworstnightmare - 20 minutes ago  » 
    I am not an expert. Just recently dealing with this problem. I can tell you what my pco told me- the issue appears isolated to my daughter's bed. (Not spread out yet). She was getting eaten alive. My daughter that shares the room with her - no bites and no traces. So he told me while going thru treatment someone has to sleep in there so they don't venture out. My girls are now in my bed - bite free. And I'm sleeping in the ground zero bed and am bit all up.

thank you....my sister and i have been sleeping downstairs for 6 days. do you think that thats enough time for the little critters to venture out and go find the nearest host? (aka, my brother whos in the next room a few feet away) my sister will be returning tomrrow to our room.

4. Myworstnightmare

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 17:50:35
    #

Login to Send PM

We went on vacation for a week and they had not moved- were very ready to feast when we came back though! And my mother in law was upstairs while we were gone. Her bed showed no traces. I should also say I think part of the reason I have to sleep in there is because we need them to come out and cross over the residual chemical spray.

5. nomorebuggs

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 18:28:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Not an expert, but it's been said by experts that a host is needed to prevent spread *and* to have the bugs cross the pesticides. No one can say for sure if 6 days is too long. BBs feed approximately once a week, but obviously they are not on the same schedule. I think that if they wonder off depends on if they are hungry enough and if they can detect heat and CO2 which are their host cues.

Have you had a pro treatment?

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  6. ophelia

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 0:38:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Myworstnightmare - 6 hours ago  » 
    We went on vacation for a week and they had not moved- were very ready to feast when we came back though! And my mother in law was upstairs while we were gone. Her bed showed no traces. I should also say I think part of the reason I have to sleep in there is because we need them to come out and cross over the residual chemical spray.

Thank you...just very nervous cause im in a room downstairs and im scared if they are here : /

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,674 posts in 42,198 topics over 127 months by 18,524 of 19,017 members. Latest: Tglock, Rae13, Buggybuggy335