I'm losing my mind!!!!

(24 posts)
  1. Goingcrazy98

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Nov 19 2016 9:40:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm new and scared I HATE BUGS all forms so to know this has been living under my bed I'm shocked!!! I found a few bugs in my bed my husband thought I was crazy I've washed everything but 2 days later found another one. I didn't have any idea what a bed bug was (Google is amazing) I panicked went to home depot bought proof bed bug killer but haven't slept in over a week. Seriously feel like I'm losing it I cancelled thanksgiving worried what people will think am I crazy???? I had my 1st of 2 treatments from my pco on Wednesday. I told my family since they stayed at my house a week before but the pco says it's pretty safe to say it's isolated to my room. I'm calling him daily with more questions, with all the horror stories I have read. My pco says I'm a 1.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 but I can't relax!!! My family told me ....I heard people have to move because of bed bugs???? I'm a homeowner but on a budget so moving is not an option!!! Please ANY advice is appreciated!!!!

2. CleaningToDeath

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Nov 19 2016 11:46:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Your hypersensitivity will diminish with time- it won't be immediate. But vigilance and observing is of the essence.

Glad you have a PCO with a follow up treatment.

My advice is keep up with the laundry with the hottest wash possible, and hottest dryer possible, keeping the clothing double bagged, or I got the jumbo ziploc bags off amazon.

2) sweeping- not only your room, but all around the house, don't disturb too closely where your PCO has sprayed though, you don't want to diminish the potency of what is suppose to be working in the 2 weeks time frames in between and during treatments.

3) use only white or very light colored sheets(for easier visual inspections), and if you had a dust ruffle, wash it and do not put it back on bed for now. You don't want sheet, dust ruffles, blankets, bedspreads touching the floor.

Couple of things can you answer-

Did your PCO have you put encasements on both mattress and boxsprings?

Did they have you or did they remove the plate covers over the outlets in your bedroom (usually will puff a dust in there so they will not travel through the walls into an adjoining room).

Did they put any kind of interceptors under each bed leg?

Move the bed away about 6 inches from the wall.

Don't not move to any other bedroom or sleep on sofa. Stay where you are.

You might see a bit of activity, like the bug you saw in first treatment, because remaining stragglers might be looking for another place to hide. I would visually check sofa creases, seams, etc.

We are here for support.

No, to the moving you would have to be majorly infested in many rooms, and to the point they are everywhere. They can be contained and eventually eliminated- it won't be immediate. The general rule here for single dwelling home is I believe 56 days, with no signs of bugs, nymphs, eggs, fecal matter, bites, cast shells where they go through the stages of their life cycle to be considered bug free.

3. Goingcrazy98

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Nov 19 2016 12:53:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Omg thank you yes I put everything that was in my room thru the dryer......and put in trash bags but today organized put most in Ziploc bags but used 2 tubs for summer clothes and put the tub I plan on living out of for the next 30 days on top. Our pco says he was not treating outlets he said he has only done this in 3 cases that were infested.....but our bed is on the floor one of my concerns was going to rush out and buy a frame but pco says it was fine. We do have EVERYTHING pulled away from the wall. Kinda like an island our bed is away from the headboard and away from dresser. I'm just embarrassed ashamed can't believe we were so careless to not know about these. I'm worried of spreading these I only go to work now I have distanced myself from everyone I hope this passes too!!! Uuuggghhhhhh just stressed sorry.

4. Goingcrazy98

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Nov 19 2016 12:55:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I do have encasements but pco says to not put them on until we are sure they are gone!!!! He says we want the bugs to come in contact with what he sprayed.

5. Goingcrazy98

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Nov 19 2016 12:59:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I have went thru my son's room since we were painting his when we discovered our own issue he has a foam bed I heard they can't live on these is this true??

6. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Nov 19 2016 14:27:23
    #

Login to Send PM

The type of mattress is irrelevant, sorry.

Did the PCO not inspect every room in the house?

7. Goingcrazy98

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Nov 19 2016 16:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes he did he says it's isolated to my room but treated my entire house even my finished basement that has furniture as well but seen no activity down there. He says he will come back with a different chemical next time in case they become resistant it will kill what's left fingers and praying every chance I get. Good to know it doesn't matter the type of mattress.

8. CleaningToDeath

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Nov 19 2016 16:44:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Goingcrazy98 - 3 hours ago  » 
    I'm just embarrassed ashamed can't believe we were so careless to not know about these. I'm worried of spreading these I only go to work now I have distanced myself from everyone I hope this passes too!!! Uuuggghhhhhh just stressed sorry.

Bedbugs can be in the largest mansions, the swanky penthouses, to average homes, they do not discriminate. Even the best housekeepers and tidiest of homes. We feel embarrassed only because of the possible stereotype that only people who were not good in hygiene or housekeeping , which is a myth. Which to some of us, keeps us from telling only a select few or any family/ friends for fear of being judged. This in no way reflects upon you, your family, or cleaning habits. If anything you should feel a bit better that with your cleaning you caught the infestation early, and currently a low level. Your lucky in ways to be able to afford a PCO to treat the entire home, quite a few are here, myself included as a DIY, as the expense is too great.

9. Goingcrazy98

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Nov 19 2016 16:57:06
    #

Login to Send PM

That's exactly how I feel sadly......people will judge me..... I always thought I kept my house clean (my husband is not as tidy but he's not out of control) I don't know if afford is the correct word but thank goodness for credit....I sure didn't want to pay but I haven't slept in over a week I knew I didn't want to try this with NO KNOWLEDGE OF THESE things!!! I have read I think every story on here gives me little bit of hope I'm driving my husband crazy!!!!

10. frightened

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Nov 22 2016 3:43:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. Sounds like you have got a good PCO. With them your mild infestation will soon be over.
    Do the tubs you put your summer clothes in have seals? A lot of tubs are not watertight and if bedbugs were in there they could get out. I suggest you put those clothes through the dryer on hot. You may not need to bag them afpgsin as treatment has been done now.

11. Ihatebugs98

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Dec 31 2016 21:11:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok not sure had to change my login but this is my post I have already had my 2nd treatment went 3 weeks no signs found one on my pillow 2night whyyyyyyyyyy my pco said it was a 1.5 but I'm still seeing them is this normal????? I'm seriously loosing my mind on top of this my dad is hospitalized so this stress is literally killing me I HATE BUGS!!!!!

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jan 1 2017 21:39:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Ihatebugs98 - 1 day ago  » 
    Ok not sure had to change my login but this is my post

Please email me to have your password reset for the other account, or use the "forgot password" link where you log in. This is the link to send an email:
    http://Bedbugger.com/about/contact/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  13. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jan 1 2017 21:44:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok not sure had to change my login but this is my post I have already had my 2nd treatment went 3 weeks no signs found one on my pillow 2night whyyyyyyyyyy my pco said it was a 1.5 but I'm still seeing them is this normal????? I'm seriously loosing my mind on top of this my dad is hospitalized so this stress is literally killing me I HATE BUGS!!!!!

If you've had two treatments and are still having problems, you need a third treatment. Treatments are usually done about 2 weeks apart.

It sounds like the problem decreased with each treatment-- is that right? If so, then you may just not be 100% to the finish line. Try not to panic.

Consider Bed Bug monitors which can make it easier to see if the problem is gone. Waiting to spot bed bugs themselves may not be the best way to determine this.

14. Ihatebugs98

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 12:50:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your response I reset my password 3x even copied and paste no luck. I talked to my pco he is not recommending a 3rd treatment yet says that may have been a straggler but told me to watch if I see another one we will do another treatment. I at least know it wasn't moving fast so it probably vrossed the treatment ik they are hard to treat but i went 3 weeks with no activity I almost had hope no we start all over 🙁

15. Bappida

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 13:12:26
    #

Login to Send PM

speed of movement is not a test to check whether they have crossed residual pesticide. If your PCO is unwilling to treat, save the captured specimen in a tight box and see if it dies after 2 - 3 days. If not, your PCO needs to treat asap IMO

16. Ihatebugs98

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 17:13:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no I already killed it I panicked but that is good to know. I'm leaning towards just doing the 3rd treatment. I am talking to the owner he just doesn't want me to waste another 100 dollars if we only seen one. I dont want to see anymore EVER in my lifetime.

17. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 17:30:54
    #

Login to Send PM

he just doesn't want me to waste another 100 dollars if we only seen one.

Thing is with bed bugs, where there's one, there are often (usually?) others. They are extremely good at staying out of sight when not feeding.

18. Bappida

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 18:53:24
    #

Login to Send PM

go in for the 3rd treatment. It will probably provide you peace of mind, plus it'll cost you more if you decide to treat later.

Why are you paying for treatment? Isn't the landlord paying?

19. Ihatebugs98

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 4 2017 20:52:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I am a homeowner, so unfortunately I'm paying for treatment which is extremely expensive already paid 500 for 2 treatments each treatment after that is 100 it's financially draining. I just feel so stupid for not knowing about these bugs. It's isolated to one room but I'm still keeping both bedrooms bagged up until I am sure they are gone.

20. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Jan 6 2017 0:10:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your response I reset my password 3x even copied and paste no luck.

I run the site. I guarantee you I can successfully reset your password for you, but I ask you to email me here first. I suspect your password resets are not working because your two accounts use different email addresses-- perhaps you made a typo or the passwords are being sent to an email you no longer use.

21. barelyliving

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 14:54:53
    #

Login to Send PM

This is in success stories, but I don't think it should be, yet.

22. Poiqm

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 5:53:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I do have encasements but pco says to not put them on until we are sure they are gone!!!! He says we want the bugs to come in contact with what he sprayed.

I'm trying to understand his full treatment... Did he lift the mattress and spray all over it and the floor it was on?

23. cantcallit2016

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Jan 13 2017 2:03:11
    #

Login to Send PM

My pco did in 2015 he pulled the dust cover off box springs sprayed it as well as the mattress did the same with a prior couch as well but waiting too encase can make sense as well now that I think about it!!

24. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Jan 14 2017 3:05:54
    #

Login to Send PM

barelyliving - 2 days ago  » 
    This is in success stories, but I don't think it should be, yet.

No, it shouldn't. I will fix it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

249,998 posts in 39,942 topics over 121 months by 17,492 of 17,820 members. Latest: dazedandconfused, Lor443, Tarapi