im losing my mind

(7 posts)
  1. ohgawdmyarms

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 11 2011 19:10:51
    #

Login to Send PM

so i know io have bed bugs lets get that one out of the way. or had i cant tell if ive killed them yet we set foggers off on friday and ive checked around my room and only found dead ones. im half terrified to sleep in my bed at this point. im planing on using more foggers in about 10 days incase anything hatches and some other [expletive deleted] my dad told me about. its terrible though. i am sitting here wearing a shirt [one which i know is clean of bugs was checked over three times and it was washed and dryed. but no matter how much i know there isnt anything biting me right now they keep showing up and i dont know what to do forgive the terrible spelling and typing i keep getting distracted to itch. heres the thing though, i have no idea how they got here. i dont go anywhere at all and i seem to be the only one in my house taht has them. ive tried allergy meds lotions taht are suppose to help hell ive even rubed them with apple cider vinigar, which some website [taht i cant remember] said to do which sorta helped for a bit but not long at all... and made me want salad. the worst part is i can hardly afford to fight them i got a bed cover today and pillow cover i have a jug of spray which i cant believe i havent emptied yet from all the cleaning and spraying ive been doing. anyone have any tips for the bug fighter on a very small budget? what i would really LOVE to do is heat teh house to 114-120 for about an hour or two and roast them all alive, nothing would give me more pleasure but i dont have the money for that saddly. also does anyone know the lowest temp that they start to die at? i saw someone said something about over our body temp they start to die but i wasnt sure about it. if thats the case i can go heat my house as high as my thermostat will allow and leave the house for a while lol

2. blargg

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 11 2011 19:16:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't set off foggers. That will make it worse.
    First of all, we need to know if you actually have bedbugs. Can you post a picture of one you found?
    You live in a house, so many would tell you you're in a good position in terms of exterminating. You'll really have to read up on the FAQ's to learn more about bedbugs. The fact you used foggers tells me you're not quite educated on the pesky critters just yet.

But please, post a few pics. May users are certain they have them, but actually have something else...

3. BugsMustDie

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 11 2011 19:28:42
    #

Login to Send PM

First - how do you know for sure you do have them? Perhaps you should post a picture of one on the forum for an expert to identify. There are many bugs that can look similar to them. Also, bites are not always a good indication either since other insects and conditions can cause similar reactions.

With that said...

Do Not Use Foggers - Read the FAQs! - The foggers release a chemical that is not very good at killing them because they are very resistant to most of the chemicals you can purchase at the store. All foggers do is cause them to disperse to other areas of the house and hide deeper into cracks and crevices making them much more difficult to eliminate. The jug of spray you have may also do the same thing. There are few chemicals available to the general public that will actually kill them. That's why it's almost always recommended that you contact a professional to deal with them. The same goes for heat. The professionals use specialized heaters that ensure all areas of the room remain a consistent temperature long enough to kill them. I think they heat up to 140 degrees for about 3 hours, but a pro may be able to correct me if I'm wrong. - What happens if if you try to do it yourself, first you could cause a fire, but secondly, the bugs are just going to find a cooler spot deep within a piece of furniture or wall to protect them until the rest of the room cools to a safe temp. Only professional heaters can ensure all areas are heated properly eliminating cool spots for them to hide.

Unfortunately it's difficult to get rid of them on a budget. If you can not afford professional treatment, then you'll have to fight the battle with other methods. The FAQs have lots of advice about this, but the hot dryer is your first line of defense. A portable steamer may also help reduce the population. Bagging and sealing items you can't put in a dryer or steam and leaving them bagged 18 months is another option. You can isolate your bed by using ClimbUps (or making your own by gluing two different sized dishes together) or simply stick your bed legs in dishes that are coated in talc powder to prevent them from crawling in your bed. The difference is the ClimbUps (or a homemade version) will allow you to know if they're coming into your bed or trying to get out of it. Isolating your bed also means pulling it away from the wall and making certain they have no other way of climbing in via sheets, blankets, side tables, etc.
    Keep reading the forums for other ideas and good luck

4. Koebner

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 11 2011 19:42:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Do not use any more foggers or bug bombs. Unless you want to live with bed bugs for a prolonged period. Products like that are effective against flying insects but even the ones labelled for BBs are a very bad idea. Their tendency is to drive BBs to harbour in deeper, hard-to-treat recesses of the building, & even into the homes of adjoining neighbours. Their kill rate is very low.

You say you are using a spray - what is it & how are you using it?

It sounds like you're extremely stressed, which is wholly understandable.
    Slowing down enough to pay attention to dull things like spelling & grammar can be genuinely helpful when stressed; it helps you to marshall your thoughts & to calm yourself down. Being as calm as possible is important when tackling BBs.

You need to breathe, rest, & carefully read this site's FAQs. Bed bugs can be eradicated but you must be well-informed & methodical.

5. ohgawdmyarms

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 13 2011 4:29:43
    #

Login to Send PM

don't need to positively id them I've seen them first hand i just woke up at 3:35 to find adult and baby bed bugs on my sheets(they had all just fed i could see my blood inside of them), i picked them up with tweezers and drown the fuckers as well as crushed them with it. i then took my sheets off and threw them in the dryer, pillow as well to fry them [because the washer was full already] I'm going to rewash them and [expletive deleted] when its done. i also want to say again i DO NOT have any money what so ever don't have a job [not that anyone would hire me when I'm covered in bed bug bites. im going to see if my grandfather will pay to have the house heated to kill them. my father is being stupid about it and doesn't want me to tell people but i know that's going to make it worse. i am still the only one in the house with the bed bugs thankfully for everybody else now my question about the heating thing in case that is the route we end up taking does the house need to be absolutely spotless to do this? and does anyone know how much it would cost to heat a 3 bed room house [two stories] with a basement?

6. jrbtnyc

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 13 2011 5:54:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you in the New York City area.

Do you have pets.

Could you describe your house. You say there are other people living in the house with you – are they family members or are they housemates not related.

For one thing, if you're in or near NYC, I could loan you a PackTite which can make a big difference allowing you to clear many possessions of bb's and then put the possessions in clear bags to keep them bb-free.

For another thing, can you indeed catch one of the crawlies you're seeing and post a photo here on bedbugger.com. It sounds quite definite that what you're finding are bed bugs but we'd like to officially confirm it.

Furthermore it does potentially help your case that you live in a house not an apartment as you say, because it means if you can beat the pests you don't have to worry about future re-infestation from neighboring units, which is such a liability for apartment dwellers.

7. ohgawdmyarms

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 13 2011 7:06:53
    #

Login to Send PM

i live in mass have two cats 3 dogs, none come in here, dont have a camera to take a picture of them but ive already looked it up and found it, not to mention the fuckers ive caught have my blood in them. i love with my parents [who are idiots and dont want me trying to alert my grandfather and just think they can use the sprays alone and obviously thats not working. my brother lives in the basement and my grand parents live here as well. im going to beg for my grandfather to do the heating thing today as soon as he gets up no amount of keeping people calm will keep me from getting rid of these not today. no matter how i look at it though thre is no way that i am going to continue sleeping her like this. my parents are absolute retards though, as i type this [and im not kidding] he just keeps saying oh we are going to bomb agai ina week dont tell your grandfather" blah blah blah. im not living like this anymore.
    i dont care if he claims my grandfather cant afford to do anything right now its better for the house to know than not. will update again after i try to get the house heated

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.