Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

If you ever need help in Denver.....

(9 posts)
  1. FlippyFloppy

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 17:19:32
    #

Login to Send PM

call Mark Campell with Professional K9 Detection @720-225-7177. He and his wonderful dog, Cali, came over to my apartment building to perform a search for bedbugs. I knew we had them, but I didn't know wether they might spread to other locations of the building, or maybe they had come from other locations into ours. Cali found the bugs and Mark spent a great deal of time (several hours total) explaining how these creatures operate, and how to kill them. He knows about PCO's and different products and techniques as well. Because of Mark, I was able to have a PCO focus on the apartment that needed attention, rather than spending a ton of money exterminating the entire building. I was also able to tell the PCO EXACTLY where to put extra attention (suitcase, couch).

Cali made a positive "I.D." on my wife's suitcase. This all but guaranteed that they came from the hotel she stayed in in Chicago. I plan on using Mark again when I purchase a new home. Cali can also detect mold and his other dog can detect narcotics!

2. kphilab1

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 12 2009 13:50:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I want to second the post above. Mark and his dog Cali also came to our apartment with Walter Penny and his dog Macaroni (recently featured in the Denver Post on August 11th, 2009). There company is Colorado Bed Bug K9. Walter came over the same day I called him, brought Mark and their two dogs and sniffed out positive areas of detection, and both Mark and Walter were incredibly helpful!

I would call Walter Penny asap if you believe you have a bed bug problem. (303) 887-3625

3. BugzBGone

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 18 2009 10:39:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree! Mark, Walter and both dogs (Macaroni and Kali) visited my parents home and helped them locate where their bedbugs were. They will also be doing a preventative inspection soon at my home. I think this is a wonderful service, and I would highly recommend them! They have lots of helpful information and excellent customer service skills to help in the trauma of handling these situations.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 18 2009 10:48:54
    #

Login to Send PM

HI Everyone,

Once Macaroni or Kali alerted to the presence of bed bugs, did Mark and Walter then find and show you actual bed bugs?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. BugzBGone

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Aug 18 2009 11:10:25
    #

Login to Send PM

In a couple locations in the livingroom (my parents sleep there), they were able to find the actual bugs. There was less of a problem in the bedroom, but the dogs give what they call a "soft alert" in those areas which Walter explained means they sense the bugs might've been there at some point, but there is really no guarantee if you still have an active problem there. Walter and Mark know how to read the dog's reactions and can usually tell from that how big (or active) a problem may be. I hope I explained it well, but that's how I understood it!

6. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 19 2009 19:08:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I spoke to Walter... The K9 teams found fecal matter, but did not locate actual specimens in the bedroom. Physical specimens were identified from the adjacent living room.

Hence the explanation of recent activity... The handlers learn to interpret the dog's behavior to get a read on the K9's reaction to live vs dead materials.

They brought in the second K9 with a second handler to better define the search area and subsequently found evidence of recent activity during a manual search of the alert locations.

7. BugzBGone

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Aug 20 2009 8:48:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for clarifying, Doug. It sure is confusing, and we had so much going on that day that I was afraid I might've misunderstood something. Walter, Mark and the dogs are coming to my apartment tomorrow for an inspection. Wish me luck!

8. bugtrauma

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 23 2009 13:55:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I also agree that Walter and Mark are wonderful! I needed the reassurance that things were really OK and I think the inspection was essential to my peace of mind. I am (I think!) out of the woods but I would not feel nearly as confident if I had not had Cali and Macaroni in my home. In addition to the awesome dogs, both Walter and Mark are very professional and didn't sell or promote other services, comment negatively on my PCO, etc.
    They understand the horror that their customer are going through and will answer follow-up e-mails or questions. If you are facing this terrible situation, please consider giving them a call...you deserve the peace of mind. As I stated in another post, the dogs found a bug I had saved for my PCO that was in a plastic bag, in a glass jar, in a desk drawer in my garage. That is what I call peace of mind.

9. DenverBBs

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Nov 5 2009 17:30:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm thinking about bringing in one of the dogs. Does anyone know approximately how much they charge? Thanks much!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,772 posts in 29,327 topics over 90 months by 12,645 of 19,898 members. Latest: waitingforbyebugs, TroublesBehind, mightywarrior