Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

If one wakes up with itchy welts, bed bugs can be suspected

(3 posts)
  1. Paranoid

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jul 6 2008 3:56:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I've been reading from the internet that if we wake up with itchy welts, we can suspect its bed bug and most likely it will not be bed bugs if we receive bite like welts during the day, how true is that?

Do most readers with bed bugs here wake up with bites or they got bitten during the day too?

I reached home at 4am yesterday and discover a small welt of about 2 to 3mm and a huge rash around it (oval shape, maybe 2" for the long side) between my stomach and chest. Naturally I was terrified. It doesnt look like a pimple, however when I woke up at 10am, the rash is gone and the welt has been reduced to being pimple looking state. I was wondering if its a bite or just an irritated follicle. If I scratch it, welt will form. Its not itchy. So I was wondering if it's hives or due to the heat as I was sweating lots yesterday or maybe an irritated follicle. I suspect I might be slightly allergy to cotton wear. For the past 3 weeks, I've got 3 bites when I go outdoor for physical activities. They should be mosquito bites but they take so long to heal.

For the past one or two months, I've not woken up with bites or dots with the exception of one or two dots which i suspect is hives as they disappear in a few hours and are not itchy. I am sleeping on an air mattress and my room is nearly bare, with some plastic boxes that's not touching the wall. The only thing touching the wall is the built in cupboard. I cant find any stain or evidence that indicate existence of bed bug. Surely there should be some fecal stain on the wall or along the cracks if there's bed bug. I dun suppose they are hiding in the cupboard *glup* Then again, they should be biting my face or neck since my cupboard is behind me when I sleep. My frd has even slept in my room and no bites at all.

To be rational, I shouldnt have any bed bugs but the paranoid feeling is in too deep haha.

2. Scared and Frustrated

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jun 8 2009 23:02:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I still don't know if I have bedbugs, but the bites I have noticed, appear during the day. Perhaps I just take longer to react?

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jun 8 2009 23:56:33
    #

Login to Send PM

It varies. Individuals may see bites appear any time from immediately until up to 9 days later (according to the literature). Most people probably notice (IF they notice) between hours and days after being bitten. But most of us really have no idea how long it takes our own bites to appear.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,178 posts in 29,407 topics over 90 months by 12,681 of 19,940 members. Latest: chris1979, tallpaul, Itch_witch