Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

ideas to keep bed legs in middle of lightsout

(3 posts)
  1. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 14:55:14
    #

Login to Send PM

This my new bed frame:
    https://imgur.com/TWpLeG3

I added an encased mattress and lightsout interceptors.
    https://imgur.com/UQM2V2o
    My bed legs don't stay in the middle of the interceptors.
    I was hoping to be able to vacuum the interceptors but the outer ring is not wide enough.
    I considered taping the legs but I assumed I could vacuum them sop double sided tape that might not come off is a bad idea.

1. Any ideas for keeping the legs in the (reinforced) middle of the lightsout while still being able to remove the lightsout?

2. Where are bugs most likely to live with this frame and mattress (ie. where should I inspect on the frame and mattress?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
  2. shinydarkvoid

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 15:38:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a metal bed frame as well. I haven't received my encasements and haven't treated my frame yet, but when they come in my plan is to douse it in 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol, and repeat the treatment probably once or twice weekly until I'm sure the BBs aren't in the bed and can't access it anymore. I don't know if this would cause rust or not; I live in a desert dry area so rust is pretty rare here. You'd just have to keep an eye on the metal brackets to make sure if you chose to do this.

As for the interceptors, my suggestion is to find a small cup or bowl that is small enough to sit in the interceptor. Superglue them to the centers of the interceptors and then set the bed legs in the bowls.

3. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 18:51:28
    #

Login to Send PM

shinydarkvoid - 3 hours ago  » 
    As for the interceptors, my suggestion is to find a small cup or bowl that is small enough to sit in the interceptor. Superglue them to the centers of the interceptors and then set the bed legs in the bowls.

That is a really good idea.

If I carry BBs onto the mattress, where are they most likely to live?
    Under the mattress on the edge of the frame?
    I have a computer cart thingy that has metal tubing with places near the welds where BBs could hide but the PCO said they only recommend sealing them in large infestations.
    There are holes in the metal tubing of the bed frame.
    I think maybe I am being too paranoid but I had cockroaches in my last apartment so I think everything is a bug until proven otherwise.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7