ID this bug please [a: bed bug or close relative]

(5 posts)
  1. OMGPLZNOBUGS

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 11 2017 23:43:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Found this on my bed, no other evidence.
    Is this a bed bug? What are the chances it could be something else?

sorry about the shade of the image, it's in a prescription bottle, also the image is zoomed in a lot, the bug is small.

Thanks!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Aug 12 2017 2:04:35
    #

Login to Send PM

That looks like a bed bug or closely related species. The ID of closely related species can only be done on a clear shot. Bird or bat bugs are only a possibility if you have birds or bats nesting in or on the structure.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 8:37:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like a plump female; too bad it's hidden behind amber plastic. Really doesn't look so hairy to be a bat bug and not a different genus of cimicid that would be a bird bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. OMGPLZNOBUGS

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 0:45:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for replying! Even though it's bad news, it's still comforting to have people to help me / talk to me.

Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of. I'm glad my place is already clean and rather minimalist.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 5:49:49
    #

Login to Send PM

OMGPLZNOBUGS - 5 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for replying! Even though it's bad news, it's still comforting to have people to help me / talk to me.
    Looks like I have a lot of work ahead of. I'm glad my place is already clean and rather minimalist.

Well, now you can figure out reasons. Neighbors? Visitors? Office? Inspect home?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,622 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd